Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing LISP with Macros for AutoCAD LT

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
DesCap
8297 Views, 23 Replies

Replacing LISP with Macros for AutoCAD LT

Greetings.  I am new to this forum, and I am in need of some programming assistance. 

I am in the process of moving from ADT 3.3 to AutoCad LT 2013.  I have numerous LISP rotines (created by former colleagues long since gone) driven by key strokes that are important for my productivity.  I have figured out how to customize some LT keyboard commands to replace the LISP rotines, but I have hit a wall on some others, the most important being layer management.  Could someone provide some guidance in how to code a macro to turn on and turn off certain groups of layers?  A small sample of the layers would be:

p-dimen

p-doors

p-roomnames

p-stairs

p-text

p-walls

p-windows

I have many more layers, but if I can get one example, I think that I can create the rest of them.

It would be great to assign a keystroke(s)  (e.g., "pon" for plan layers on) as I am familiar to this, otherwise, I'd be happy to change my behavior to use a button on a toolbar to toggle the layers on and off.

I am not a programmer and could use the help.

Thanks!

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
dwcreston
in reply to: DesCap

I want to be able to make a txt file, and change all the attributes within a titleblock instead of having to open attributes after I open the drawing.

I can open the txt file with notepad and all the information is there for me to change the values.

I am using a full autocad version with express tools and tinkering around with attin and attout.

Thanks

Message 22 of 24
pendean
in reply to: dwcreston

If you are using ful AutOCAD, consider posting in the Lisp Customization forum for help with your handles routines.
Message 23 of 24
carylbeethe
in reply to: pendean

I purchased 2012 LT not realizing that I could not add my *.lsp to the support file as I have done with every other AutoCAD version that I have owned.  How do I create my one to two-key commands into 2012 LT?  If I cannot find a way, this has become a very expensive paperweight.

Examples:

ZW = zoom window

ZE = zoom extents

C = copy

DT = text editor

thank you.

Message 24 of 24
hwalker
in reply to: carylbeethe

Welcome to the Forums

Click on TOOLS

Move down to CUSTOMIZE

Click on EDIT PROGRAM PARAMETERS (ACADLT.PGP)

You will find a list of commands there, BUT

You cannot put in two separate commands on one line

eg ZOOM WINDOW cannot be replace with ZW, HOWEVER

Zoom Window has been replaced by Z for zoom. You can choose the window you want straight away.

C is circle

CO is COPY

For your text editor are you talking about editing the text that is in the drawing? If you are double clicking on the text will edit it.

To do a zoom extents just double click the middle mouse button.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost