AutoCAD LT General Discussion

AutoCAD LT General Discussion

DesCap
Message 11 of 24 (656 Views)

Re: Replacing LISP with Macros for AutoCAD LT

01-10-2013 07:02 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks all for the help.

I have all my layer management LISP routines converted over to LT.  Now on to the others!

Mentor
Johneng
Message 12 of 24 (654 Views)

01-10-2013 08:05 PM in reply to: bgingerich

I also had to give you two kudos for those two post. Great solution and follow up explanation.

Valued Mentor
bgingerich
Message 13 of 24 (636 Views)

01-11-2013 09:04 AM in reply to: DesCap

This one is even better, a true toggle.  The only thing is that you have to make sure the var "layon-off" (or whatever you're using)  is created/existing with a value of 1 (specifies that said layers are on) before running it. 

^C^C$M=$(if,$(=,$(getenv,layon-off),0),setenv;layon-off;1;_-Layer;ON;m*;;,setenv;layon-off;0;_-Layer;OFF;m*;;)^Z

HTH!

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 14 of 24 (634 Views)

01-11-2013 09:47 AM in reply to: bgingerich

There are many on-off needs for AutoCAD users, these tips can be modified with a little imagination to do so much in LT.

I'm sure we all have our favorites, think about it during a typical day of CAD and the flood gates will open.

Remember though, SETENV accesses the Windows Registry to add these user "environment variables": some registry cleaners like to remove them. AFAIK limited Windows user accounts are not affected in creating them, but I've never tested it.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
dwcreston
Message 15 of 24 (395 Views)

Custom Macro for making all layers one color!

07-29-2013 10:59 AM in reply to: DesCap

Are there any experts who would be able to create a macro tool that would change all layers in a drawing to one color?

Here is something I have started but I am new at this so maybe it would be less steps or some keywords I am not realizing...

^C^C_shiftselectalllayers;color;

if anyone knows that this would be possible or could tell me if Im wasting my time I would appreciate it!

Thanks for the cadvice!

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 16 of 24 (390 Views)

Re: Custom Macro for making all layers one color!

07-29-2013 11:38 AM in reply to: dwcreston

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

You can open the Layer Command (LA), Shift select All the Layers as you would any group of files, Click on the Color for one of the layers and change to whatever Color to change all.

Can you do this by typing the various Commands at the Command line?

Something like LA, All, Color,...

If so this is what you need to create the Macro

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 17 of 24 (385 Views)

07-29-2013 11:51 AM in reply to: dwcreston
At the commandline (one for each color you crave):
-LAYER (there is a dash in the name)
COLOR
1 (or whatever color you want)
* (that's a star, shift+8 gets it)
<enter>
<enter>

^C^C-layer;color;1;*;;
dwcreston
Message 18 of 24 (376 Views)

07-30-2013 10:46 AM in reply to: pendean
Thank you for the input. I see the asterisk has made my macro complete. It's so much easier to do this than opening the layer manager and scrolling down the entire list. Makes the computer work smart instead of waiting for all these windows to pop up which at the end of the day can be strenuous. Making a background all one color is constantly a pain because when the computer is working slow it just seems like a ton of waiting to select anything. Thanks Dean!
dwcreston
Message 19 of 24 (329 Views)

Question on block/attribute "Handles"

08-07-2013 04:35 PM in reply to: pendean

Good Evening,

quick question at the end of the day. I have spent a half hour reading up on handles and understand each block or attributes have to to be automatically numbered by autocad.

My question:

is using the same block with the same handles(will not work if the block has different handles) in multiple drawings just fundamentally easier to modify through excel or notepad? Is this a great way to save fonts and text sizing within a block?

seems that it would be a better tool if the command could take the attributes and applythem to blocks of different shapes and sizes.

I just wanna see the broader picture.

Thanks for the support in earlier posts!

Dan

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 20 of 24 (322 Views)

Re: Question on block/attribute "Handles"

08-08-2013 05:26 AM in reply to: dwcreston
What is your ultimate goal? LT does not readily give you access to entity handles like full AutoCAD.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.