Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove page setup

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
c.dufrene
2587 Views, 11 Replies

Remove page setup

Hi guys,

I found an old 2008 post about "removing page setup from several hundred drawings all at the same time?" and the answer was "No".

But is there a way to do it in a single dwg ?

I'd like to make a button with a script behind to delete all existing page setup... in 2013LT

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: c.dufrene

This is a feature I've wanted aswell.

Before I worked at this company nobody even used page setups, leaving me with 500+files with something like 5000layouts without page setups...

I would really want to be able to assign multiple layouts to 1 pagesetup without having to select every single layout and assigning it.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 12
pendean

>>>...make a button ...<<<
Not in LT, it's the same exact limitation: if you can do it in one you can do it in hundreds of files.
Message 4 of 12
pendean
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

PSETUPIN command perhaps, depends on how well you are set up with template(s) and if you are using a current LT version (there is a commandline version too): explained in HELP
Message 5 of 12
c.dufrene
in reply to: pendean

"PSETUPIN" we use this one in another customized button... works OK if you have .dwg from outside company.

The problem is that in 2013LT (maybe before, but we jump from 2005LT to 2013LT) and the behaviour of "PSETUPIN" has changed...

Now there a kind of check and AutoCAD stops scripts with a message like "this page setup already exists, do you want to overwrite it ?"

Do you think it's possible with a FULL version ? because I can have access to one, and create macro/lisp there...

Thanks.

Message 6 of 12
AcadAdamLT

Still have to assign the layouts one by one to a pagesetup.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 7 of 12
c.dufrene

I don't see the point...

I want to DELETE existing page setup...

Message 8 of 12
pendean

PSETUPIN was a response to Adam, not you: it's hard to tell around here unless you look real close.

I responded to your post separately (not an option in LT, one or hundreds of files).
Message 9 of 12
c.dufrene

Sorry Dean,

The layout of the forum is not that clear (for me at least Smiley Wink )

Anyway, you didn't answer: is this is possible in a full version ?

Thanks.

Message 10 of 12
pendean

yes, with Lisp customization, it is possible in the full version (nothing built-in, otherwise it would have been in LT). There are lots of freeware out there you can search for like this one or ask for help writing your own by posting in the Customization forums:
http://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/autolisp-purge-page-setups/
Message 11 of 12
c.dufrene

Thanks Dean Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 12
matt.schuster

Even though this has been posted as "solved" by using the full ACAD version and LISP...the LT only users out there may want to look into using "DWG Convert". The "DWG Convert" utility is currently avaiable through DWG TrueView 2014 (and a few versions behind that). There is a "Replace Page Setups" option.

I'm wondering (because I haven't tested it), if you can do a like-for-like version, e.g., from LT2013 to LT2013 and only change/replace the page setup.

The benefit here being, no scripting and performing this on multiple drawings at once. Other issues of supplying various file locations and the output going back into the same original path may exist ??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost