Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reloaded AutoCAD after full system restore and now missing .pgp file

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
architec-tor
973 Views, 9 Replies

Reloaded AutoCAD after full system restore and now missing .pgp file

Ultimatley I want to import the customization files (and plotter settings) after being forced to do a complete system restore including reloading AutoCAD from scratch after encountering the blue f***ing screen of death every day for the last several weeks (HUGE PAIN in the A$$) but now I am unable to locate the .pgp file.

Questions

1) Where is .pgp file? It is SUPPOSED to be found by going to Tools>Customize>Edit .pgp, but an error message reads: File acadlt.pgp could not be found.

2) Trying to locate the .pgp file I am not finding it (see attached jpg)

3) Alternatively, I have saved all the customization files I want on another AtuoCAD seat (2008 version) and attempted to "migrate custom settings" but was unable to do ths from one computer to another....this sounds (theoretically) like the easiest method since I have MANY other settings to reconfigure as well (mnu, mnr, plottter settings, etc...)

PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

It should be in that Support Folder you have Highlighted.

Bad install perhaps?

Transfer Tab in the CUI will be the way to bring over those files.

There was a similar thread a week or so ago about using the Transfer Tab and Legacy (The 2008) files that you have.

Search this Forum and hopefully it will pop up.

Message 3 of 10

Does the transfer tab work between two separate computers not on the same network? If not, how do I transfer between two unconnected machines?

Message 4 of 10
architec-tor
in reply to: architec-tor

I was able to find the acadlt.pgp file in the directory

C.Users>(username)>AppData>Roaming>AutoDesk>AutoCAD LT 2012 - English>R17>enu>Support

But I still get the error message: "File acadlt.pgp could not be found" when clicking on Tools>Customize>Edit Program Parameters (aclt.pgp)

What is going on here!!??

Message 5 of 10

As long as you can navigate to the folder with the CUI or other Legacy Files then the Transfer tab will see these files.

Message 6 of 10

I am very suspicious of AutoCAD when trying to get to the pgp editor is not accessed via Tool>Edit pgp> iwti the error code "file not found".

This is a brand new installation direct from the AutoDesk website with a valid product code and no other programs have been installed onmy computer that just went through a complete system restore.

I am afraid that whatever errors I am getting now on a fresh install is just the tip of the iseberg.

Message 8 of 10

I reinstalled autocad based on your advice that it was a bad install (even though it was directly installed from Autodesk) and now everythng seems to be back to normal...(keeping fingers crossed!)

Thanks very much for your help!!

Message 9 of 10

Glad that worked for you.

Even if you had loaded from the disk you could have had a glitch in the install.

Coming direct from Autodesk download may not have made a difference.

Did you attempt this download during the earth destroying sun flares last week?

Order the disk if you still can. Alwyas good to have a hard copy in case this happens again.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 10 of 10
Kamasop
in reply to: architec-tor

Hello!

I have the same problem, ACAD 2013 lt, autocad cannot find the pgp.

this is an old install and has worked for a year or so. but we did get a new server and new userprofiles yesterday plus hat a poweroutage today.

where can i navigate to the pgp (as i have found on on the computer in a subfolder of autocad)

thanks for any info.

kat

EDIT: to add i found the location already. it is easily findable by typing plottermanager, then navigating to the folder above and into support. on my computer there was no pgp in there, so i copied the one i found elsewher on my system and it now works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost