Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstall Autocad 2007

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Mspike81
873 Views, 6 Replies

Reinstall Autocad 2007

The company bought this Autocad 2007 for my PC only and I still have the CD/box everything. I have been using it until last week and all of the certain the toolbar and short cut menu were gone. I have been spending lot of time trying to fix it and making new toolbar/short cut menu but unable to get it back to once I had it and it was hard to use since I got used to the short cut and toolbar for years. I am thinking of reinstall the CD would be a faster way to do since I can't spend any more trying to fix it. It is possible to reinstall it (on the same computer) and if so could any one help me with the procedure? eventhough I still have the original boxes that have S/N ...I am affraid to reinstall it would void the license and I would not able to use it. Appreciate your help very much....Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Mspike81

It may be too late but try a System Restore to prior to the issue.

Losing Toolbars and Short Cut menus reads lik a Registry Cleaner was run.

It may be that the System Restore will set things back.

A repair install may be all that is needed.

Back up any Customizations that you have that are stil good so you can put these back in the Support folder fro AutoCAD.

If you go the route of starting over:

Autodesk Recommended Clean Install Procedure:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

With disk and S/N, CD Key reinstall should not be a problem (famous last words).

Message 3 of 7
Mspike81
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yes they did run the registry on my computer last week. I will try system restore first and see if it works

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
Charles_Shade

Time to rap the hands of the IT personel.

Message 5 of 7
Mspike81

I had to reinstall the Autocad 2007 and it works and shows tollbar however all the icons on the toolbar are blank. I could still use it such as cut or paste....etc but I have to point the cursor on the icon to tell what it is. How do I make them appear? thanks

Message 6 of 7
Charles_Shade

If I could remember 5 years ago this would be easier...

Question marks are what you have?

Likely the Icons are not in the Search Path for AutoCAD.

Look on the Computer for a Folder named Icons. It should be in the AutoCAD Support folder or near that in the Folder tree.

Win XP? This may be under your user account and not Program Files (check there too).

Message 7 of 7
Mspike81
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I got it now however I am not sure what I did.

After reinstalled the Autocad I restarted the PC. I had the toolbar and the icons but the icons were blank (didn't have any picture) but they worked. I just had to use the cursor to point and the icon and wait a bit for the text to come up and tell me which one it was. I restarted the PC couple times but the toolbar kept come up with blanlk Icons. 

Anyway, like I said I got it now. All Icons appear with pictures on them.  What I did was I oppened the toolbar properties and click on show and hide. One weird thing is that I did not make any change, for example when I opened the properties it showed "show" I click it to "hide" and then "show" again which it was originally set. I did that for every single one of them and got out I didn't even click apply or ok. Strangely, when I opened the Autocad again it showed all the toolbar with all the Icons.

Anyway, it works fine now. I hope this helps if anyone has the same issue

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost