Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular crashes/Unresponsiveness

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
adamrichardson
432 Views, 6 Replies

Regular crashes/Unresponsiveness

Hi All,

I have recently upgraded 3 of my users to the new AutoCAD LT 2012 and each of them are experiencing problems on a daily basis. The crashes don't seem to be caused by anything imparticular. It can be simply alt-tabbing to saving to drawing and the document will either "Stop responding" and come back to life or completely crash.

They have been using AutoCAD since 2007 and we have not had a single problem with any version until now. Each of the 3 systems are different. (I will attach specs below)

I have installed Service Pack 1 and the ribbon hotfix that is available. I have also turned off hardware acceleration due to some of my findings on these forums. I'm looking for any recommendations on where to go from here.

Also to note that when starting AutoCAD LT 2012 it has no access to the internet via our company proxy. (Unsure how relevant this is though)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Adam

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
drjohn
in reply to: adamrichardson

I had a similar issue with 2012 and noticed that you are using HP equipment.  Are you using an HP plotter by chance?

If yes, my issue was resolved by installing a new HP universal plotter/printer driver found on the HP site.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 7
adamrichardson
in reply to: drjohn

Hi Drjohn,

We are indeed using a HP plotter. I will give this a go tomorrow allthough i dont see how they could be related. (Stranger things have happened though)

Thank you for your reply, I will let you know how we get on.

Cheers,

AR

Message 4 of 7
drjohn

My issue was almost as you describe.  Random not responding errors and the occasional "wink-out".  i just blew ACAD out of the water. No emergency save no error message ... just a white screen for a while and then gone.

I have a thread about it here somewhere.

I didn't think it was related either but after an 85 buck tech support call to ADESK that was not helpful I spoke for free with with HP and they got me all straightened out. Good customer service at HP. 

Regards,

DJ

Message 5 of 7
drjohn

Found th thread on my HP 500 plotter issues.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/New-acad-win-update-issue/td-p/3120426

Regards,

DJ

Message 6 of 7
Trugeek
in reply to: drjohn

I too am having frequent unresponsiveness and crashes anytime and often. I do not have an HP anything (for good reason)

I am still using the trial version of autocad lt 2012. I have 14 days to go.

I am using an Acer PC using dual core intel i5 processor that is 1 year old, running 6 GB of RAM, Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. Running Norton IS 2012. No graphics card. (graphics handled by i5 processor??)

I want to buy autocad lite, but with constant crashing and no support to speak of, it's not a real good selling point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 7 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Trugeek

Remove the Norton and see if that helps.

Also visit Nortons KB and see if there are any known issuses/resolutions with your Norton product and LT 2012.

Norton products have a long history of conflicting with Autodesk products.

On-board graphics can be a poor choice as well for AutoCAD with what may be limited RAM in your case. Having to run WIn 7, LT 2012, and the Graphics card with 6 Gig may be taxing your system. Even wothout knowing what else you have running at the same time.

Search here for additional items to review and turnoff in Win 7. Such as Aero theme.

And post your questions here in a new thread if need be.

This is a great and responsive community. Completely different form most online Forums.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost