Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading AutoCAD 200 files on LT 2005

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
RichD
263 Views, 6 Replies

Reading AutoCAD 200 files on LT 2005

I have been trying to send some files to an associate who has AutoCAD LT 2005 and has difficulty reading my files. I have tried to save the extensions as .dxf, .dwg (for R14, 2000, LT etc.) but they are still unable to open my files. The messages reads 'created with an incompatible version'.
Has anyone any ideas how to overcome this?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: RichD

What are you using to create the drawing files? -- Chip Harper Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator http://home.comcast.net/~hot4cad/
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

You shouldn't have to saveas anything special. LT2005 should be able to open objects created with any previous version of AutoCAD or LT. The only difficulties might be with "proxy" objects created by some Autodesk vertical product. The error message you quoted is the one that normally appears when attempting to use an older version to open a drawing created in a newer one. ___ "RichD" wrote in message news:30612365.1089298541500.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have been trying to send some files to an associate who has AutoCAD LT 2005 and has difficulty reading my files. I have tried to save the extensions as .dxf, .dwg (for R14, 2000, LT etc.) but they are still unable to open my files. The messages reads 'created with an incompatible version'. > Has anyone any ideas how to overcome this?
Message 4 of 7
RichD

im using AutoCAD 2000
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

See Pauls post, you should have no problems exchanging files. Zip up an example and post it in customer files for a look see. -- Chip Harper Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator http://home.comcast.net/~hot4cad/
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

AUDIT or RECOVER your files, then SAVE. If the other user is using LT2005, they can read your DWG file just fine. If they are not using AutoCAD or are not on a version higher than you, they will get the message you note. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Are you by any chance using a beta version of AutoCAD 2000? -- Dave Byrnes / Vancouver, BC Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "RichD" wrote in message news:30612365.1089298541500.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have been trying to send some files to an associate who has AutoCAD LT 2005 and has difficulty reading my files. I have tried to save the extensions as .dxf, .dwg (for R14, 2000, LT etc.) but they are still unable to open my files. The messages reads 'created with an incompatible version'. > Has anyone any ideas how to overcome this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost