Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Crazy Lines" when zooming or panning around

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
alli.falconer
4576 Views, 4 Replies

"Crazy Lines" when zooming or panning around

I'm not sure if this is an issue with my computer and AutoCAD LT 2015 or if it's a general issue everyone has.

If I am panning around a drawing with multiple objects, I begin to see line extensions going every which way from lines I have drawn. If I move a bit more, they disappear, but show up again when I pan and will ocassionally stay on the screen until I move again. I've attached images of what happens.

I have previously had LT 2010 & LT 2012 installed on this computer and never encountered this issue.

Is this an issue anyone else is having?

I use a Nobilis laptop running Windows 7.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: alli.falconer

So LT2015 is different, has a new graphics engine and all that, your older software did not. Things to try to help your laptop's video card cope with 2015:
Turn off LINESMOOTHING and LINEFADING variables (type them, 0 is off).
If that doesn't help, change the graphics card hardware acceleration in LT2015 as described here http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...
Message 3 of 5
alli.falconer
in reply to: pendean

Thank you so much!
Using the link you provided gave the solution. Using the GRAPHICSCONFIG command and turning off the hardware acceleration.
Message 4 of 5
elliehays
in reply to: pendean

I also had this problem.  I solved it by turning off the LINESMOOTHING and LINEFADING commands.  Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
elliehays
in reply to: elliehays

as a post script, I also ended up turning off the hardware acceleration as well, with the GRAPHICSCONFIG command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost