Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Select Macro?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
John Doe
2616 Views, 6 Replies

Quick Select Macro?

Hello, i was wondering if macro commands work within the quick select dialogue box, there is one mtext object hidden in nearly all my drawings and can only be selected with quick select, it cannot be seen, it contains no text, and when it is selected it only shows up as a single grip point, specifically what id like to be able to accomplish is to select all mtext in a model drawing and erase them with one button command, if theres any other way to select all mtext objects and erase them with one button command id love to know since ill have to repeat this process a couple thousand times, thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: John Doe

No, not an option.

Explore FILTER or QTEXT for other things you can try... .

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 7
John Doe

Hello, thanks for your response but it has been unselectable using filter and qtext has no affect on it, i guess its just another thing im out of luck on, if anyone else can suggest anything id appreciate it.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Probably your text is in a layer that is locked or turned off, try onlocking all layers, and make all layers visible

Message 5 of 7
steven-g

Qselect will only work from a dialogue, and so not in a macro. I would make a macro to create an mtext item using -mtext (with the hyphen) then use selectsimilar using "L" for last at the select prompt. That will select all mtext items.
Message 6 of 7
derek31a
in reply to: steven-g

.....in the meantime, if the problem shows on most of your drawings it sounds as if the offending text is in one of your formats. Check those to find and remove. Doesn't help your current situation, but at least it won't be replicated in the future.

Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: derek31a

Not sure why everyone all of a sudden is respoding to a post from the year 2006 but... The original post is referencing an empty Mtext object and modern versions of AutoCAD/LT have the option to get rid of them in PURGE command.

WBLOCK out of items you can select on screen manaully will do the same too.

A lot has changed since the year 2006.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost