Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Autocad Lt 2013

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
k64
Explorer
765 Views, 2 Replies

Purchase Autocad Lt 2013

I wish to buy the trial version of Autocad 2013 Lt I recently down loaded.

I am familiar with autocad and it will fit well with my business work flow. 

If my computer was damaged and data is lost

How would I back up the loss of Data to retain ,the software ,and liscence?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Charles_Shade
in reply to: k64

Autodesk maintains a database of that information.

I would counsel you to request that a DVD hard copy of the program be mailed to you even if you do purchase online.

The box will contain the Serial Number and product key for the program that you will need incase there is a need to reinstall in the future.

When you purchase, the S/N that you are given can be used to register the downloaded Trial version and it will then be yours to do with as you wish.

You may also want to look at going on Subscription. You will have access to the latest version as well as the three previous versions of your Subscription program. Again, ask for the DVD copy and have that regardless.

Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: Charles_Shade

And/or when you download the installer, back that up as well (rather than doing the download/install combo operation).  I have all of our installers on a central network location which gets the normal nightly backups, so I can get any of them back in case something happens.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost