Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy information - Missing application : aecbase70

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cessares
2281 Views, 4 Replies

Proxy information - Missing application : aecbase70

Hi.

I have error/missing info during opening my template (dwg) drawing on LT 2012 version - It was fine before, don't think I've chanfe anything. Still works fine on LT 2015...

Any ideas how to fix it or what cause this problem?

Please see picture.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: cessares

Your file contains AEC objects: LT2015 is a newer DWG format than 2012 and it brings this to your attention just in case you need to preserve those objects.

2012 would do the same if thoese AEC objects were created in say in AutoCAD 2009 or lower. But it did not because these objects were 2012 compliant.

So, do you need to preserve these objects? Probably not, so clear out those obejcts in 2012 or 2015 by using -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command (there is a dash in the name) and recreate your template file afterwards. Nothing visible should change if you truly don't need those AEC objects.
Message 3 of 5
jeremiah
in reply to: pendean

Running 2016 ACArch and I recieved a file from a client that uses AEC objects in the file.  They are suppose to show toilets and sinks but instead it just shows a box w/ an AEC code.  One of my employees uses 2020 version and it shows up fine.  Is there a way around this for my 2016 version.  I've tried EXPORTTOAUTOCAD, AECOBJEXPLODE and nothing is working.  any help would be great.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: jeremiah

ARCH 2018 and newer cannot save down AEC content to older ARCH versions like your ACA2016: that is how Autodesk designed the software when a DWG file format changes.

You options are to upgrade to a newer version or ask your 2020 user to destroy all the AEC content back to "dumb" lines and blocks for you to use in ACA2016. In ACA2020 they (or the file creators) would use the 'save as autocad' option to create a dumbed down file for your older variant.

Good luck.
Message 5 of 5
jeremiah
in reply to: cessares

Thanks @pendean .  I'm going to purchase an updated license.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost