Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROXI INFORMATION dialog box

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sato2511
3714 Views, 1 Reply

PROXI INFORMATION dialog box

Hy,

When I copy objects from old files realesed in Autocad 2002 (format acad 2000) and past them into new files 2012, AutoCAD LT 2012 doesn' t crash but stops working, so I have to close it from Task Manager.

When I open new dwg to past the object copied it appear a Proxi Information Dialog Box:

The drawing you have opened or referenced contains custom objects created by an unavailable ObjectARX application. You do not need the original applicationto display proxy representations of objects that were saved in the drawing. However many manufacturers, including Autodesk provide object enablers that alsoallow you to edit these custom objects.

Visit the AutoCAD LTObject Enabler Assistant web page to locate Autodesk object enablers or contact the software publisher about object enablers for other applications.

Note: If your computer has internet access verify that Check Web for Live Enablers is selected in the Options dialog box on the System tab to have AutoCAD LT automatically search the Live Enabler website for the appropriate object enabler.

Missing Application: PCAR_DWGDATA

Total Number of Proxies: 1
Number of objects (no graphics): 1
Number of entries with no graphics: 0
Number of entities with bounding box graphics: 0
Number of entities with real graphics metafile: 0

What Can I do?

Thank you very much.

sato
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: sato2511

Your old files contain custom Objects from a program other than AutoCAD 2002 alone: that's all that long-winded message Autodesk has placed in front of you is really saying.

Do you recall what that add-on was? Of what exact variant of 2002 it was (like MAP2002 or Civil2002 or something)? If you don't know, there is no "object Enabler" to find and add (another mistake that long winded message makes), but it should still display. Set the variable PROXYGRAPHICS and PROXYSHOW to 1, and PROXYNOTICE to 0 (that's a zero).

If these objects do not need to remain intact, LT2012 has a command called -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD that you can use to explode most of those objects into plain AutoCAD entities (like Lines and Arcs).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost