Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEMS WITH AUTOCAD LT 2010 ??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
244 Views, 2 Replies

PROBLEMS WITH AUTOCAD LT 2010 ??

1. Problem is a very simple command. Pretty surprised it is not working. I have the "Snap" activated with the Endpoint,Center and Intersection.

But the "Center" snap command is just not working. Is anyone else having an issue with this? Is there an extra trick in the AutoCAD LT 2010 program that I am missing?

2. Problem is a little more detailed. When using AutoCAD 2007 & AutoCAD Electrical 2007 I was able to create "Blcoks" of images with an attached text to the block.(if that makes any sense to anyone). i would be able to create "Text Lines" & descriptions for each image block.I am not finding that option on AutoCAD LT 2010. Where am I not looking? What am I not doing ?

If anyone can help it would be much apprecaited it.

Thank you,

Jessica

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Impy1996
in reply to: Anonymous

As for your first problem, when you are using a command that uses snaps (move, stretch, grips, etc) hold [Shift] and right click, click Center, and if it still doesn't work then the problem goes deeper than I think I may know.

The second problem sounds like you are describing what are called "Attributes". These can be found on the Insert tab (if you are still using the standard GUI). AutoDesk usually has tutorials, maybe you can dig one up.

Attributes

there is the command, if you insert text into a block then you should be able to make editing options with that.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like you haven't used AUtoCAD for some time, so I will point out the bits that may seem obvious to others.

1. The centre Object Snap, you need to select the object (circle) whose centre you require, not where the centrepoint is located. In the later versions when you move the cursor over the object a little cross appears in the centre and you can also pick there (I can't recall when this came in).

Try drawing a circle then , start the line command, pick a random point for the first point then for the second point type CEN then press return and pick the circle, if this works then your Osnaps are working OK

2. Attributes as mentioned above, First draw the objects for the block, then ATTDEF create the attribute lable and question, format the text.. BLOCK select the objects including the attributes and make the block as required. Insert the block and you should be asked the questions. Worth looking at values of ATTREQ and ATTDIA as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost