Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with saving to our network

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ejand63
542 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with saving to our network

Dear AutoCAD LT Forum Group,

I have been struggling with an issue ever since I loaded Windows 7 and reloaded AutoCAD LT 2010 onto my computer.  We have a company network which I could easily save to before when I had Windows XP Professional.  Now, Whenever I open a new document and then try to save back to our network, I get the message, "You do not have access rights to (folder on network).  See your administrator for access to this folder.  First, I AM the administrator for the computer and have set the access rights to allow me to have full access. (at least I think so).  I have also done the following:

• Checked the windows firewall settings
  • Checked our antivirus settings
  • Renamed my computer user name to match the one listed on the network

There may be settings within Windows 7 or AutoCAD LT 2010 That I am missing.  However, once a file is saved to our network and I open it, I have no problem saving BACK to the network.  It's only when I try to save a brand new file to a project folder on the network that I have this problem.

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated!

Sincerely,

Elise

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: ejand63

There are no AutoCAD settings: that's a PC/network OS type lock-down.

What kind of 'network' are you running?

Would something like this help:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-7/share-files-and-printers-between-windows-7-and-xp/

Message 3 of 3
ejand63
in reply to: ejand63

Dean,

Than you for your response!  I will check on that link. 

We have a local area network (LAN).  Also, this problem seems to be occuring only with AutoCAD, not Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Corel Draw, etc. 

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost