Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with LT 2015 Service Pack 2

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
AdminPEJ
689 Views, 12 Replies

Problem with LT 2015 Service Pack 2

Just installed Service Pack 2 for LT 2015 on four computers and have run into problems on all of them.  The service pack installed correctly in each case but drawings do not display properly after the update.  One compuer displayed "Bad command -1" when trying to start AutoCAD.  When opening existing drawings on the three other computers, the text got messed up.

Things went back to normal after I uninstalled SP2.  Is anyone else having these problems?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: AdminPEJ

Many users are repoting similar problems with SP2 for AutoCAD/LT2015.
Uninstall it through Windows, you might need to repair-reinstall LT2015 as well.
Message 3 of 13
AdminPEJ
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the quick response.  I was luckily able to bring back functionality without repairing or re-installing LT 2015.  I really hate when Autodesk puts out crap like this and lets the users act as beta testers.  I own an engineering firm whose production came to a screeching halt this morning because of this.  There needs to be much better testing before software is released to the public.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 13
pendean

Agreed.
Message 5 of 13
AdminPEJ
in reply to: pendean

I just received a response back from AutoDesk technical support who told me that this is a reported and confirmed bug in Service Pack 2.  They sent a document with a couple of workarounds one of them being uninstall Service Pack 2.  They also said that they are looking into a permanent solution.

Message 6 of 13
dan908

Hello,

Please see this thread also: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/problems-with-autocad-2015-service-pack-2/m-p/5...

Technical support is being provided a permanent solution, but if you would like to receive it sooner I can also provide it over email through the feedback team's contact page.

Dan

AutoCAD Quality Assurance Manager
Message 7 of 13
gahill

Just installed LT2015 SP2.  Installed with no problems and ran fine.

The curser cross-hairs are now left behind on the model screen whenever I "click"

I use the curser set at 100% and with a pale yellow colour, I like it that way.

Performing a zoom will clear the left-behind cursers, but it should not behave in this way.

Setting the curser to 99% helps as it is only left behind now when performing certain commands ie edit single line text.

Is there a solution to this other than uninstalling SP2 ?

Message 8 of 13
AdminPEJ
in reply to: gahill

I removed the "Solved" banner from my post.  With others posting additional issues with 2015 SP2, I feel that this is not solved.  How many other issues are going to crop up in this service pack?  I thought that the purpose of a service pack is to solve problems, not create more.

I'll repeat what I said earlier that there needs to be a lot more testing before updates are released to the public.

Message 9 of 13
dan908
in reply to: gahill

Not exactly the same problem, but if you could send an email to adskhwcertification@autodesk.com our graphics team can take a look.

Include a screenshot and some info about your video card if you know it. If you are not sure, type dxdiag in your windows start menu and save and send that report.

Typically, cursor trail is a bad video driver. If you have an Nvidia card you can get new drivers at Nvidia.com and if you have an AMD card go to AMD.com and if you have an Intel card, it is a bit easier to google Intel video card drivers. It may just be that with the SP install you driver is outdated now and you are getting software acceleration. Updating drivers should fix everything. Look in the AutoCAD command 3dconfig. But, if you can't see any problems, email the above email address and one of us on the graphics team can take a look at configuration.

Dan

Message 10 of 13
pendean

The solution is to not install SP2 (or uninstall it if you did and it's creating issues).

Only install updates if it specifically states it fixes a problem you can't live with. SP1 was good enough for me, SP2's readme file offers nothing I have a problem with.
Message 11 of 13
gahill
in reply to: dan908

Thanks Dan908

You are correct, updating graphics drivers completely fixed it.

Well worth remembering for the future.

Thanks again for a good tip.

Message 12 of 13
dan908

The hotfix is now officially posted at:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-AE-autoca...

Dan

Message 13 of 13
braudpat

Hello

The right link (to the Patch Big Font Post-SP2) :

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-AE-autoca...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost