Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with crosshairs and x, y, and z planes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
pappledog
2262 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with crosshairs and x, y, and z planes

Hi, I am having a weird problem in 2006 LT.  I received a drawing from someone who has a later, non LT versio.  They saved theirs so I could open it in mine. After working in their drawing for a while, I decided to save as and create my own copy.  I worked in the new drawing for a while, and one day I opened it and noticed that my crosshairs are at a weird angle and my UCS icon is not normal.  Since I could not figure out how to fix it, I decided to copy all my work into the old drawing.  When I did, it comes in as a line.  I checked the work in the new drawing, and all the lines are drawn on the xz plane instead of the xy plane.  I know that LT is not supposed to have 3D, but that is what is going on. BTW, the xz problem only seems to be affecting model space.  I managed to get my crosshairs back to vertical/horizontal in model space, but now they are skewed in PS.   I have attached the drawing.  Any ideas how to convert the z axis back to y ? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
steven-g
in reply to: pappledog

LT has 3D coordinates, somehow your drawing plane has either shifted or it came in that way (the UCS is set to front). Type UCS followed by VIEW and your crosshairs will line up again. The geometry is angled so you could type UCS followed by W to get back to a normal drawing plane.

Just in case Attached is a copy with everything placed back with the World UCS which mucks up your paperspace layouts but it might be easier to use.

Message 3 of 3
pappledog
in reply to: steven-g

Thank you SO much!  That worked perfectly!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost