Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with AutoCAD 2004 LT to AutoCAD 2014 LT

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
corput
843 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with AutoCAD 2004 LT to AutoCAD 2014 LT

I had AutoCAD LT 2004 on our office computer and recently purchased AutoCAD LT 2014 and just prior to installing it my computer got a virus so our IT guy had to strip my computer and unfortunately we don't have the original disks to reinstall AutoCAD 2004 LT so all of my drawings are invalid.  Please advise

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: corput

Can you not install and use LT2014? or am I missing something? 2014 opens 2004 files all day long here.

Message 3 of 5
corput
in reply to: pendean

I had AutoCAD 2004 LT on my computer and did several drawings in that format. My computer got a virus so everything was stripped from my computer and we weren't able to reinstall AutoCAD 2004 LT, but when our IT guy installed AutoCAD 2005 and then I installed AutoCAD 2014 none of my previous drawings would come up. They are said to be invalid.

Christopher Orput - Project Manager

Eva Quateman Interiors
220 West Huron Street
Suite 2002
Chicago, IL, 60654

www.evaquateman.com
Message 4 of 5
pendean

If 2005 and 2014 cannot open your files, neither will 2004 most likely: you can check the validity of your 2004 file swith other free cad software like DraftSight and DoubleCAD XT3 to name a few.

Or post one of those files here: otherwise your virus may have done more damage that you've imagined. Hopwefully you have archives/backups for everything on another device.
Message 5 of 5
Bob_Zurunkle

OP just as a hunch, the issue might be a Windows OP issue. In the past I had an issue or two with Windows, and once the system was reinstalled it wouldn't open a variety of files that had been on the drive when the issue happened. This has also happened when trying to migrate from an old computer to a new one. The issue was that the new system thought the old files were from an incompatible system. This was CAD files, music files, etc. If you really dig into it online in a search, you should be able to find the method to unlock these files, but if memory serves, you do this one file at a time. I know I was able to recover and access mine, but it was so long ago that I forget the actual steps, sorry...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost