Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when opening AutoCad Lt 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
508 Views, 3 Replies

Problem when opening AutoCad Lt 2013

I have a computer at work with autocad lt 2009 and Autocad lt 2013.  Because we unexpectedly hired a new person, we don't have a new computer and all the requisite software yet.  New person is currently sharing said computer with another user in office, but with a different sign in on the computer.  When new person opens Autocad Lt, a mesage pops open asking permission to install an Autocad file but never does so.  Seems like its going into an endless loop.  New person can use Autocad Lt by signing in with previous user's credentials.  

My question is that the new person will likely keep this computer and the senior staff will get the new computer.  Will buying a new license to install on this current computer fix the prolem?  If so, do I also need to uninstall the current version and activated license of autocad 2013?  

Thanks fo any insight!

TiTi

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

If the LT 2013 Seat is not an Upgrade to the LT 2009 then you can uninstall one or the other and Install that seat on the new computer.

If the Lt 2013 is an Upgrade the you will need a new seat for the new computer.

The second user likely needs to log into Windows as an administrator one time as his log in and then open LT. Close the program and then change the user back to a Limited Account. Now LT should open properly for the second users log in.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thank you.  Changing the 2nd user to administrator, made the pop up requesting credentials (so that a windows installer could run) Go away.  However Autocad lt 2013 still won't open.  It is a standalone license not an upgrade from 2009.  It flashes an image of installer then disappears.  I'm thinking for running a repair. As a last resort, i think i will uninstall, then install a whole new license on that workstation.  Is my thinking flawed? Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

It would seem that a repair install or a reinstall is in order

Autodesk Recommended Clean Install Procedure:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

Also may need to be looked into:

.NET Cleanup Utility:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost