Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: PDF print generates strange lines over hatch objects (ACAD 2012 LT)

77 REPLIES 77
SOLVED
Message 1 of 78
alexando
146477 Views, 77 Replies

Problem: PDF print generates strange lines over hatch objects (ACAD 2012 LT)

I have created a logo which is included in all our drawings. The text part of the logo has been created by exploding a text object and hattched the remaining polylines. In in the model view all looks fine but when I print the drawing to PDF some gray lines appear over the text. If I plot the PDF to paper everything looks good, it is only the electronic versions that suffers from this problem. I need the electronic versions to hand out to our costumers so paper is not an option here and the print must look professional.

I have tried the following pdf generators, all with the same result:

Adobe

Autodesks built in DWG to PDF

Bullzip

Cute

I have viewer the result in both Adobe Acrobat 10 and Foxit reader. Both show similar problems. I can not find any solution to this problem. Can anybody help me out here?

I have attached two screenshots. One from the printed PDF and one from autocad model space.

Autocad LT 2012
77 REPLIES 77
Message 2 of 78
hwalker
in reply to: alexando

PDFs will always suffer this problem. They may print out good, but they are images which do not have as much information in as needed ie 120 dpi instead of 600 dpi. If you want the lines to disappear in the electronic version, you need to set the dpi for the acrobat printer HIGHER

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 78
alexando
in reply to: hwalker

I have tried to set the dpi to max (4800 dpi) but the result remains the same.

Does anyone know if there is an other way around this problem then, I have seen many logos that is perfect in both DWG and PDF. Can I build my logo in any other way to make the PDF look better?

Autocad LT 2012
Message 4 of 78
Charles_Shade

Just a s test WBLOCK the Logo into a new file.

At first I thought you were talking about extra lines that show up in plots from time to time but what you posted is not this. I've seen this some years ago and can't remember why.

Another thought would be to move the Polyline entities to 0,0 and then Hatch.

Set the HP ORIGIN to 0,0 as well before you Hatch.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 78
pendean

AutoCAD draws solid hatches in triangles.

PDFs show everything.

No fix for the PDF display.

If you are concerned or need the display to be perfect, find a TTF font that does what you want instead of relying on AutoCAD's fills in outlines. But you will still have this issue in most AutoCAD solid fill/hatches anywhere else in your file.

Message 6 of 78
Nebey

I have this problem as well, searched for a solution other than the one I currently use.  Couldn't really find anything, and since I didn't see it mentioned on here, what I do is change my hatch style from solid to a cross-hatch style, and make the hatch very small.  It prints it as solid in PDF form.

Message 7 of 78
Nik-D
in reply to: Nebey

Try using a different PDF reader, you may find that the problem dissapears. This seems to be a recurring problem with Adobe PDF Reader

Message 8 of 78
hwalker

@Nebey wrote:

I have this problem as well, searched for a solution other than the one I currently use.  Couldn't really find anything, and since I didn't see it mentioned on here, what I do is change my hatch style from solid to a cross-hatch style, and make the hatch very small.  It prints it as solid in PDF form.

What program are you using to view the PDF

If Acrobat reader OR Acrobat do the following

Load up either one

Click on EDIT

Click on PREFERENCES

Choose the PAGE DISPLAY category

UNTICK SMOOTH LINE ART

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 9 of 78
sanket.yavalkar

Hey...thanks it actually worked.....thanks a lot for solving my problem.....Man Very Happy

Message 10 of 78
Nebey

These are all good ways to solve the problem, how-ever since the PDF's I create usually go to other people who use Adobe Reader to open them, it is important to have them open and print properly on their end as well.  Short of sending along complicated instructions on how to open, display and print the PDF's I send, I will guess I will continue changing the solid hatches to a fine cross-hatch.

Message 11 of 78
GeekGirl3.141

I just working out how to fix things on my end anyway 🙂

I've simply unticked the "Optimize for Web View" and viola all those strange lines disappeared!

Hope this helps someone 🙂

Message 12 of 78
jimenez.se

Thank you so Much, U are The BEst

Message 13 of 78
jimenez.se

Thank you

Message 14 of 78
alepaty14
in reply to: jimenez.se

Hi! I had the same problem. I actually do digital paintings with autocad, large scale. So, the hatch problem was such a huge problem.

What worked for me was changing the resolution in plot preferences of the PDF plotter. I put everything as high as I could and now everything is perfect.

Hope it is useful!

Message 15 of 78
lamensterms
in reply to: alepaty14

Hi alepaty14,

Do you have any samples of your digital paintings? I fancy myself a bit of a graphic artist and would be interested to see your ACAD work.
Message 16 of 78
saulius1

Heys

I've had same weird lines appearing in PDFs too, and the solution was to tick " plot transparency" in plotting style section. It worked just fine even though 

none of solid hatches were transparent in the first place 🙂 Hope this helps 

Message 17 of 78
atwitchen

Hey this one is actually really simple:

I use HATCH PATTERN-ANSI31 at a low scale (typically 0.5 works) to get the solid effect i need, attached are examples.

one is showing what is seen in AutoCAD close up,

another as labeled is what it will look like as a pdf,

and the last is showing the W using solid hatch and the resulting lines that you describe.

Message 18 of 78
pendean
in reply to: atwitchen

That solid-fill image is just a display problem in your PDF viewer: change PDF viewers (get another brand like Foxit Reader or oters) or turn off Adobe Acrobat/Reader's Smooth Line Art/Smooth Images/Enhance Thin Lines settings in the Page Display section of Preferences.

AutoCAD does not control how your PDF Reader sees solid fills.
Message 19 of 78
JoshRTA

I solved the problem by overlapping a copy of the hatch and rotating the copies hatch angle by 90 degrees. None of the other options above worked for me.

Message 20 of 78
candace.jmte

Thank you so much for this fix!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost