Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem inserting dwgs

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
alisonbrick
257 Views, 1 Reply

Problem inserting dwgs

Hello,

I'm using AutoCAD LT 2013 and I'm having problems inserting .dwg and .dxf files into an existing open dwg. I have previously done this successfully on this computer so I'm pretty sure that I am doing it correctly. What happens is this: I go to insert the file, select it and it shows the correct image in the preview window, but when the actual file inserts into the drawing, it's a completely different file all together. The funny thing is, I have restarted my computer and the program several times, and each time it inserts a different drawing. I have tried inserting a .dwg and .dxf and they both insert the wrong one. I tested it by xrefing the document that I want to put in and it shows up correctly when I xref. I've also tried saving it as a block with the WBLOCK command, and still the wrong thing inserts.

I downloaded the service pack for AutoCAD LT 2013 and nothing has changed.

Could anyone suggest a solution please?

Thanks,

Alison

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
drjohn
in reply to: alisonbrick

Usually, this happens when there is already a block (inserting a drawing is the same as inserting a block) with that name.

Try purging the drawing or reviewing your blocks that have been inserted to see if there is a naming convention issue.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost