Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem importing DXF into LT2014

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
chrisranner
1835 Views, 5 Replies

Problem importing DXF into LT2014

I'm trying to import a DXF file (not generated from an autodesk product) into LT2014.

When I use DXFIN or open the file directly I get a message in the command bar saying "Press ENTER to continue:" with no other message, you press enter and it doesn't open the file and no error messages. I've tried opening it with trueview and get the same message. I've also tried recovering it but nothing seems to change the outcome.

I've imported it sucessfully into Solidworks and the data is there with no error messages, I just can't get the thing to open in the programme I want to use it in!

If it helps I think the file was created from MS excel

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: chrisranner

Post it.
Message 3 of 6
chrisranner

hopefully attached

Message 4 of 6
hwalker

Just tried importing it and get the following error

The following error was encountered while reading
in LWPOLYLINE starting at line 2784:
Handle missing
Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 6
pendean

It appears you missed the error reporting and only see the final result "enter to continue": expand your textscreen (F2) and see what is also being reported above about your DXF file.

AutoCAD is very picky about DXF file structures: if it's not critical you can open the DXF file in a word processor or Windows Notepad, go down to the line noted in the error message and delete that LWPOLYLINE entry altogether.

I have two other freeware 3rd party 'dwg' CAD programs and they opened and read your DXF file just fine: you might want to invest the time in grabbing one of these to keep around for such instances.

Message 6 of 6
chrisranner
in reply to: pendean

Thanks, I just tried deleting that section and it just errored on the next entry for it. Looks like I'll have to use an intermediatory program to convert it to DWG

Thanks again,

chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost