Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority to pc3 or to page setup ?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
c.dufrene
522 Views, 8 Replies

Priority to pc3 or to page setup ?

Hi,

I've made templates from which I have created page setup and from those I have saved both the pc3 and the pmp.

I've spent the last three days to manually import the page setup to almost 200 dwg (which are used with several scripts)...

For some unknown reasons I have the page setup settings changed, mainly from portrait to landscape...Smiley Frustrated

So I'd like to know why the pc3 was NOT used ?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: c.dufrene

That's too broad a question I suspect: what was/is your main objective with this undertaking?

LT version? Windows version? plotting to Windows drivers? Alone, or part of a larger office?

Message 3 of 9
c.dufrene
in reply to: pendean

AutoCAD 2013LT

Windows 7 64 bits

Large office

In our previous environment (AutoCAD 2005LT), the menus were heavily customised with lots of new buttons with scripts behind that automatically insert templates, fill attributes, etc...

Due to:

-migration to Windows 7 64 bits

-print server crash

I have to rebuild a new .cuix with all the features.

So in all .dwg and .dwt I found in our server, I manualy change the page setup.

but some of them switches orientation and I would like to know why before changing again...

Thanks.

Message 4 of 9
pendean

More questions, forgive me: did you all use pagesetups (and/or PC3 files) in LT2005 like you wish to do now? nothing has changed in that respect, they both should work the same.

Or is this a new approach? and why if it is? and what did you used to do in LT2005?

Message 5 of 9
c.dufrene

As per print server crash and 64 bits programs, I redefined page setup, pc3 and pmp files 

I was not the "creator" of the previous environment so I just mimic all he had done.

As far as I know pc3 and pmp define printer settings and the page setup gives paper orientation, plot style, plot area, etc...

Perhaps there's a bug in one script that import those page setup ?

Message 6 of 9
pendean

... or you are importing the wrong pagesetup perhaps.

PC3 file is just a pointer file, the pagesetup is the master control.

Do you just need to create a simpler macro button(s) to automate plotting?

Message 7 of 9
c.dufrene

it's more complex than that...

yes, there's a single button, but behind there are scripts that launch .bat that launch other scripts and then open an Excell and then...

It's a whole procedure to "quickly" plot drawings from other company’s, with very, very small AutoCAD knowledge.

I found a way to correct everthing I did this on this forum: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/Globally-Changing-Page-Setups/m-p/342...

Unfortunately, it seems to be only valid for AutoCAD full, NOT the LT 😞

Message 8 of 9
pendean

You might need to share these files and details if you want further help with these customizations.

Message 9 of 9
c.dufrene

Forget it... I'll do it manually

But Thanks anyway for your time. Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost