Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing dwg to pdf file size too large in 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rbr2136
8574 Views, 5 Replies

Printing dwg to pdf file size too large in 2013

I have successfully printed a dwg to a pdf but instead of its file size being 450k it is 1.4 m. This makes sending pdfs via email too cumbersome. It seems that even though the outcome is B&W somewhere along the line "it" thinks it is Color. Any suggestions? I noticed that in Page Setup I no longer have the option of "DWG to PDF.pc3". I don't know if that would cure this problem or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: rbr2136

1.4MB is not too large 🙂

Does what you printed include a dense hatch pattern, or lots of text? Transparencies?

If you lost the pdf driver, put it back using PLOTTERMANAGER command's add-a-plotter option.

Message 3 of 6
technoidatx

You may want to condiser loading Cute PDF driver. It creates a virtual PDF. DWF has been around I wish the rest of the world would get on board. Namely reprogrphics 

Message 4 of 6
rbr2136

I am running the 2013 version on Mac. I do not see anything in this version about plotting or plotters. BTW, I agree 1.4 M is not big but when I have 30 drawings that I need to email that makes it cumbersome!

Message 5 of 6
Charles_Shade
Message 6 of 6
charles.beavers

I noticed this problem on drawings that had a lot of text in them. Here's what to do:

1. When you go to plot in Autocad, you select your PDF printer, whether it is Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam or whatever PDF driver you are using.
  2. In the “Plot” dialog box, click on “Properties” of the printer.
  3. Click the “+” next to “Graphics” to open more options.
  4. Highlight “TrueType Text” .
  5. In the lower pane, notice you have the choice of “TrueType as text” or “TrueType as graphics”. Click on “TrueType as text”.
  6. To save this setting for future use, click the “Save As” button to create a new .pc3 file. Then use this new .pc3 file in all future prints so you don’t have to change this setting in the future.

Why they have the default set to change text to graphics is puzzling since it results in huge PDF files that don't even look good.

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost