Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer/plotter order list

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
c.dufrene
953 Views, 11 Replies

Printer/plotter order list

In our previous AutoCAD 2005LT setup, all the printer/plotter (in the page setup manager window) are listed in order.

Now that I prepare all our 2013LT setup (with 64 bits driver), all of them appears randomly Smiley Frustrated

Is there a way to reorder them, it's really annoying Smiley Mad

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
john.vellek
in reply to: c.dufrene

Hi c.dufrene,

From the picture you posted I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to select the proper plotter in that list! Your post is rather old but I will post one possible solution in case others are trying to resolve the same issue. The problem apparently arises in some cases, when PC3 files are not all located in a single folder. Take a look at this link to the AKN solution. I hope that it fixes the issue for you and others. AKN - Plotter list

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 12
john.vellek
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi @c.dufrene!

I realize your post was from a while back but I am hoping that if you have had a chance to revisit it and try my proposed fix, it would be helpful for others in the Community if you posted the results.

Thanks

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 4 of 12
c.dufrene

The issue I reported is not concerning the .pc3, but the printers that are defined in Windows "Devices and Printers"

All AutoCAD settings are already as described, see images:

Message 5 of 12
c.dufrene

missing 1 image

Message 6 of 12
pendean

Are all of your Windows/Server printers listed in order on other programs? They are not in our office, they just don't list as clunky location names like they do in AutoCAD.

We create PC3 files for folks here and set AutoCAD to only display those: helps with the clutter. WE organize by department "printer" for each group.
Message 7 of 12
john.vellek

Good morning @c.dufrene,

I was wondering if you had a chance to read the AKN article included in my first post? I was hoping that you would let me know whether or not it applied to your issue.

John Vellek

Message 8 of 12
c.dufrene

Hello,

I answered on 03/31, your AKN solutions applies to .pc3 folder, not the printer/plotter defined in Windows...

Message 9 of 12
john.vellek

@c.dufrene,

I am sorry that I misread your comment on 3/1/2016. Per Dean's comment, all Windows programs view the printers list in the same manner. Have you tried opening the Windows Control Panel for Printers and adjusted the order using the View menu? They can be sorted in a variety of ways including  by Manufacturer, Alphabetically, Category, etc.

John Vellek

Message 10 of 12
c.dufrene

That's precisely because the Windows printers are already in alphabetic order that I think it's an AutoCAD issue...

Message 11 of 12
pendean

Friend, you are fighting a losing battle: AutoCAD has always and still does display WIndows drivers in the order they where installed and that's just too random for most users.

That is why we all develop PC3 files for them and to help our users navigate the mess. Use that feature to your advantage. Good luck.
Message 12 of 12
c.dufrene
in reply to: pendean

Look, 4 years after I post this issue I got an answer, so at least I had to try.

But since, we have found a way to handle this (page setup).

Let's close this subject...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost