Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print to PDF and Print House results

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jim
Community Visitor
294 Views, 2 Replies

Print to PDF and Print House results

We are struggling with an issue that is maddening. We use two different print shops in town. One uses antiquated software but is convenient. The other appears to work a little better, but takes 24 hours.

We print to PDF directly from Autocad LT 2011. Since the summer, the prints appear fine on screen, poches, and line weights appear as intended when printed from our in-house little printer on 11x17 pages, and we get consistent results.

HOWEVER, when we take the exact same PDF's to the print houses...we get totally screwed up results. The poche that was grey on our prints are black at one print shop. There are big voids in space from the other print shop where the wipeout command was used...but, it is not at all locations. It appears hit and miss on which wipeout plines work and which ones don't.

Two different results from two different print shops using PDF's that are exactly the same as sent to both shops.

Maddening. Anyone experience similar inconsistencies?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: jim

What they are using to view/process your PDFs, and what they are printing to (drivers and devices) make all the difference: there is nothing you can do about any of it from AutoCAD except perhaps not to use WIPEOUTs and whatever you mean by "poche" (use AutoCAD object type names please, not generic terms) until one of them figures it out.

Gray vs Black is probably easiest: they have a monochrome setting instead of a gray/color setting turned on.

Or you are doing something totally and radically different sicne the start of summer.

Message 3 of 3
Irish2
in reply to: jim

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. That is why I no longer print to pdf OR, if I do, I remove all wall poches and hatches that have a tight pattern. As you stated these always print out from pdf as a solid black. If you don't have the ability to plot the drawings out yourself then your next best option is to "plot to file". Find out what driver your print shop of choice uses and then find and load that driver onto your computer. You will be creating a .plt file that you then send to your printer and all of your settings are a part of the drawing and things should come out looking like you want. Hope this helps. Don't forget that you can look in "help" and get anymore info you may need on the .plt file types.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost