AutoCAD LT General Discussion

rdgonzalez
Message 1 of 5 (141 Views)
Accepted Solution

Print layer in VPORT but not in Model Space

141 Views, 4 Replies
04-27-2012 09:25 AM

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if there's a way to print/plot a layer in a VPORT, but prevent the same layer from printing in Model Space?

I am annotating my VPORTS with text, but I don't want any of this text to print/plot from Model space.  All of the annotations will be on the same layer even though the annotations will appear on multiple VPORTS.

Kind regards,

Robert

Any Text in a Viewport will not be present in Modelspace.

The reverse is not necessarily true.

And for Text to be in multiple Viewports, assuming multiple Layouts, it would need to be created in each.

To answer your question, NO: modelspace content is the 'parent' controlling factor, not the 'child' viewport. Note that Charles above is suggesting you write all of your text in layouts instead (you risk creating conflicting duplicates of you have many viewports/layouts with the same text).

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 5 (140 Views)

Re: Print layer in VPORT but not in Model Space

04-27-2012 09:36 AM in reply to: rdgonzalez

Any Text in a Viewport will not be present in Modelspace.

The reverse is not necessarily true.

And for Text to be in multiple Viewports, assuming multiple Layouts, it would need to be created in each.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 5 (123 Views)

04-29-2012 09:18 AM in reply to: rdgonzalez

To answer your question, NO: modelspace content is the 'parent' controlling factor, not the 'child' viewport. Note that Charles above is suggesting you write all of your text in layouts instead (you risk creating conflicting duplicates of you have many viewports/layouts with the same text).

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 4 of 5 (111 Views)

04-30-2012 04:53 AM in reply to: pendean

To clarify: I am not advocating text in a Layout (whole other discussion) but that the OP would not be able to create text in one Layout and then have it available in another Layout like you can from Modelspace.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 5 (106 Views)

04-30-2012 05:31 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

There is nothing wrong with text in a layout outside of modelspace: I'm just reminding the OP of some potential pitfalls.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.