Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print layer in VPORT but not in Model Space

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rdgonzalez
379 Views, 4 Replies

Print layer in VPORT but not in Model Space

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if there's a way to print/plot a layer in a VPORT, but prevent the same layer from printing in Model Space?

I am annotating my VPORTS with text, but I don't want any of this text to print/plot from Model space.  All of the annotations will be on the same layer even though the annotations will appear on multiple VPORTS.

Kind regards,

Robert

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: rdgonzalez

Any Text in a Viewport will not be present in Modelspace.

The reverse is not necessarily true.

And for Text to be in multiple Viewports, assuming multiple Layouts, it would need to be created in each.

Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: rdgonzalez

To answer your question, NO: modelspace content is the 'parent' controlling factor, not the 'child' viewport. Note that Charles above is suggesting you write all of your text in layouts instead (you risk creating conflicting duplicates of you have many viewports/layouts with the same text).

Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

To clarify: I am not advocating text in a Layout (whole other discussion) but that the OP would not be able to create text in one Layout and then have it available in another Layout like you can from Modelspace.

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

There is nothing wrong with text in a layout outside of modelspace: I'm just reminding the OP of some potential pitfalls.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost