AutoCAD LT General Discussion

Contributor
aknoll
Message 1 of 3 (197 Views)

Portable licence utility

197 Views, 2 Replies
12-13-2007 10:59 PM
Hi,

I have 2005LT on my computer. A couple of months ago a motherboard died-out on me and I had it replaced. Now I got a new computer and wanted to transfer license to the new one. I exported the plu file to USB stick and tried to import it on the new computer - and it said it is not a valid license file. Now I have to computers with no AutoCAD. Is the motherboard change the issue? Can it be helped?

Thanks. Ales
Skovmose
Message 2 of 3 (197 Views)

Re: Portable licence utility

12-14-2007 04:20 AM in reply to: aknoll
Did you get this: Error code: [17.1.84]

..my experience is that when the license transfer fails there's noting to do, except to contact Autodesk and have them reactivate you're license on the new computer!
Contributor
aknoll
Message 3 of 3 (197 Views)

Re: Portable licence utility

12-14-2007 06:03 AM in reply to: aknoll
Actually I hope to have solved the problem.

What I did was a few hectic import/exports of the plug files between the computer (I did get the error message you are referring to, maybe not the same code).

Then I erased a couple of files on new computer (I am not sure I am allowed to tell which) and lo and behold, on my new computer the licens is active and it says it expires "never".

I just hope it stays that way, he,he,he

Ales
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.