Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portable licence utility

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
aknoll
352 Views, 2 Replies

Portable licence utility

Hi,

I have 2005LT on my computer. A couple of months ago a motherboard died-out on me and I had it replaced. Now I got a new computer and wanted to transfer license to the new one. I exported the plu file to USB stick and tried to import it on the new computer - and it said it is not a valid license file. Now I have to computers with no AutoCAD. Is the motherboard change the issue? Can it be helped?

Thanks. Ales
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Skovmose
in reply to: aknoll

Did you get this: Error code: [17.1.84]

..my experience is that when the license transfer fails there's noting to do, except to contact Autodesk and have them reactivate you're license on the new computer!
Message 3 of 3
aknoll
in reply to: aknoll

Actually I hope to have solved the problem.

What I did was a few hectic import/exports of the plug files between the computer (I did get the error message you are referring to, maybe not the same code).

Then I erased a couple of files on new computer (I am not sure I am allowed to tell which) and lo and behold, on my new computer the licens is active and it says it expires "never".

I just hope it stays that way, he,he,he

Ales

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost