Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polyline layout viewport Properties

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cinci-hal
2001 Views, 5 Replies

Polyline layout viewport Properties

How do you edit the scale property in a polyline layout viewport? I have a polyline layout viewport in Autocad LT 2002 that was created in full version of autocad 2000. Normally in 2002 Lt you can edit the scale properties in a layout viewport, but this is not available when I view the properties of the inserted polyline layout viewport. is there a way of changing the scale in either AutoCAD 2002LT or AutoCAD 2000 (full version)of this polyling layout viewport?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: cinci-hal

Not sure what you are asking exactly: is this a matter of
simply selecting the viewport and using the VIEWPORT toolbar
pulldown menu to set a viewport scale? Both programs work
the same in that regard, and in many others too.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 6
hwalker

It's not that simple Dean. Somebody has sent me a full Autocad drawing with a polyline viewport in it (rg a star viewport) and when you select it, it shows two items. But I know what he means and the attached jpeg should show him what to do

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 6
cinci-hal

Hmmm ... Not sure how to explain the situation any better. Okay, say I create a viewport (to model space) in layout view (Click on a layout tab, then click on menu bar, View, Viewport, 1Viewport and make a rectangle in layout view). Now, when I high light that rectangle, right click, and pick properties, I get a window that allows me to change Misc properties such as Standard Scale, Custom Scale, etc.

In AutoCAD 2000 layout view, I can also draw a closed polyline, or other object like a circle and turn it into a view port to model space (click on menu bar, View, Viewport, Polygonal Viewport or Object, and then pick the object in Layout view). Now when you highlight one of these objects and open up it's properties, the properties window does not have the Misc. options to change Standard Scale, Custom Scale, etc.

My question is How do I or is it possible to change the Standard scale/Custom Scale of these Viewports? is there another way to do this?
Message 5 of 6
cinci-hal

I figured it out.

when I make one of these objects a viewport and open it's properties the window at the top lists: All(2). All I needed to do was pull down the menu and choose Viewport (1). Doing this revealed all the Misc. properties I was looking for.
Message 6 of 6
bigmyk77

THANKS!  This problem has been bothering me forever!  Such a simple solution, thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost