Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

polar tracking extension lines not working

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
allenhodge
8280 Views, 11 Replies

polar tracking extension lines not working

Has anyone had the problem of your polar tracking extension lines working in one direction, but not perpendicular to that orientation? For example, when drawing a simple rectangle after drawing (2) sides, If I go to snap to my initial starting point to show a vertical extension line to intersect with my third line I am drawing, the vertical extension will not show up, even though the horizonatal extension line is visible, and even though it snaps to the my starting point to where I wish have the polar tracking show the vertical extension....Any suggestions appreciated....
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
allenhodge
in reply to: allenhodge

I also have verified that in my Polar Tracking settings that the Polar tracking is "On" and my incremental angles is set correctly. I have tried it with the Polar Angle measurement to both "Absolute" and "Relative to last segment", but still cannot get the vertical extension line to show up after snapping on my initial starting point to meet the visible horizontal extension line.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

It sounds like you're looking for object snap tracking which is not a
feature of LT.
--
Dave Byrnes / Vancouver, BC
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator

wrote in message news:5034167@discussion.autodesk.com...
Has anyone had the problem of your polar tracking extension lines working in
one direction, but not perpendicular to that orientation? For example, when
drawing a simple rectangle after drawing (2) sides, If I go to snap to my
initial starting point to show a vertical extension line to intersect with
my third line I am drawing, the vertical extension will not show up, even
though the horizonatal extension line is visible, and even though it snaps
to the my starting point to where I wish have the polar tracking show the
vertical extension....Any suggestions appreciated....
Message 4 of 12
allenhodge

Thank you Dave..have a nice day.
Message 5 of 12
cmilam110

hi. I am also having tracking issues.  polar tracking is on, running osnaps are enabled, I am trying to find the centerpoint of a rectangle (to place an elipse.  I do not have LT.  I have a full version (student) of 2012.  would that be the same?  My textbook has provided me with this tutorial. 

Message 6 of 12
pendean

Polar Tracking has nothing to do with it, you want OTRACK, object tracking: look it up in HELP but feel free to post back if you get stuck.
Watch this too: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OdW8ap_ZH5c
Message 7 of 12
cmilam110
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your help. It worked fine until I opened a new file.  I had polar tracking and osnaps both turned on so i couldnt understand... I also had to enable a button in the osnaps settings/dialogue box on the right to connect the two?  Thanks again to all.

Message 8 of 12
pendean
in reply to: cmilam110

So in the new file these were just turned off? and turning them on fixed it?
As a side note, do this: right-click over any of these icons (polar, osnap, grid etc.) and uncheck USE ICON. Now you see the names of the buttons and we won't have to guess which buttons we are all talking about.
Message 9 of 12
cmilam110

oh, hi pendean.  Sorry I wasn't more clear.  The book exercise required me to open a new dwg with the 'startup wizard' (that'll get ya lazy in a hurry).  My new dwg had the buttons enabled but did not track.  Although both buttons were on and the settings were verified.  There is a box in the osnaps settings on the right/top that must be checked (osnap tracking) sigh.  Then my polar tracking worked? The book was so clear on which settings to use (i had checked and rechecked).  I guess i just rambled all the things i was 'tripping' over in my mind that didn't make sense. It works, I survived, and will someday move on to be an expert elite. Smiley Happy.  Er.. My solution to the forums is that I 'read only'. Again, thank you so very much for your time.

Message 10 of 12
pendean
in reply to: cmilam110

Keep at it: many of us learned AutoCAD the same way too.
Message 11 of 12
Charles_Shade

um... Still learning I would say.

Of course I am not the Sage I could be...

Message 12 of 12
sheikhadnan672

If you are facing an issue with the line extension command in autoCAD and the line is not starting from the specified distance but from a random point, then watch the solution here and share with others as well. Thank you. 

https://youtu.be/U7NBA48xDTw

You will never see the solution for this problem anywhere else. So, How To by Adnan is here to help you solve your problem. This AutoCAD video has been made without any unnecessary material, it is crisp and to the point. So, let me share the problem below, and also request you to like and share ...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost