Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polar Array

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
JGlomb
424 Views, 10 Replies

Polar Array

Need a hand with Polar Arrays. I select an object, select a center point for the array, select  A for "angle between", but here my entry will not be accepted. If my entry is between 0 and 1 i get an error, if greater than 1 i am prompted to enter a value again. I have done this procedure many times in Autocad 2005 with no problem. What's different here?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: JGlomb

LT version?

Message 3 of 11
JGlomb

Yes. 2012 AutocadLT

Message 4 of 11
pendean

ARRAY is new and different in LT2012. If you want the old 2005 version of array, you must install LT2012's available update first then use ARRAYCLASSIC command.

If you want to learn the new ARRAY command, there are many video free on youtube, start here and find others:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV19VefGOHU

Message 5 of 11
JGlomb

That helps. Thanks.

The command line reads exactly like Autocad 2005, but functions differently? Not a great software design approach.

Message 6 of 11
sthompson1021

I have had the same problems with the array comand. Sometime I'lll enter the angle three or four times before it will accept it. It seems to work better if you enter the angle with a decimal point entry.

Message 7 of 11
heinsite
in reply to: sthompson1021

Is anyone reading this willing to risk their NDA and tell us if 2013 is going to tweak the ARRAY command any further?... for the better one would hope?

I don't know of anything else in 2012 that's caused users more frustration than the new ARRAY.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 8 of 11
Charles_Shade
in reply to: heinsite

Nope

But then you don't know if I know or not...

I like Dean's response to this type of question:

"Those who know cannot say and those that say do not know."

Message 9 of 11
pendean

Begs the question why did you not sign up for the beta testing and find out 🙂

Message 10 of 11
heinsite
in reply to: pendean

> Begs the question why did you not sign up for the beta testing and find out

... because without a spare machine I maintain a general policy of not installing beta software.  The risks (for me) don't outweigh the rewards.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 11 of 11
pendean

If you are curious enough or truly wish to participate  you will find a way: we all have that one slow tired PC (or soon to be retired laptop) no one uses that we hang on to "just in case" that comes in handy to test the "minimum system requirements" if nothing else 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost