Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points List

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1169 Views, 2 Replies

Points List

Can I create a points list with lt.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

This post is obviously several years old but I am guessing by the number times Forum Members have viewed it, that it might be valuable to provide a reply. I am assuming that what you are trying to do is capture the coordinates of points (nodes) in your AutoCAD LT drawing and export the data to some sort of text file.

This is fairly easy to do if the data points are inserted as blocks using ATTEXT to extract the Block, geometry, and attributes.

I will make another assumption that the data set you are working with is only points (nodes) and not blocks. The process is going to be a bit more "manual" but it can work.

I start by selecting all the points to be exported.

I then use the LIST command to display all the selection set data onto the Text window.

I use a copy - paste of the text window data to paste the data into a text file which can then be edited to remove any unwanted text.

Please take a look at the Screencast to see if the process works for you.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 3
sthompson1021
in reply to: john.vellek

John, to expand on your method a little, it should be pointed out that the text window has a limited number of entries that will be stored. If a user were to list 100 points, the text window would only store data for approx. the last 75 listed. To overcome this the user has to turn on the logfile. Command LOGFILEON. With the logfile on you can run the list command and hit enter until all points have been listed. To find the location of the logfile, use the command LOGFILEPATH or go to OPTIONS/FILES/LOGFILE LOCATION. There you can open the logfile and save as a .txt file which you can edit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost