Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting problems - wrong scale

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
474 Views, 5 Replies

Plotting problems - wrong scale

We are having a problem when plotting drawings to an Hp designjet 2500.

When we open a drawing just using the trueviewer it plots and printes to the correct scale,

however when we open the same drawing in the proper package it plats and prints at 4 times the scale.

Am i missing a setting .... or what am i doing ??

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Forums

Can you post a screen shot of the print box that comes in when you print in Trueview and also one of when you print using Autocad.

Then we can have a look at the settings and point you in the right direction.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
pendean

What doews "4 times the scale" mean to the rest of us exactly?
What "proper package" are you opening the file in exactly?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

it is printing 4 times as large as i require ... instead of on 1 page its printing over 4.

its building design suite standard

Message 5 of 6
hwalker

As I have said can you post screenshots.

But from what you have just posted it sounds like a PAPER SIZE problem.

eg. Your drawing is A2 yet you are asking it to print out on an A4 piece of paper.

There is a tick box in the plot dialog box titled SCALE TO FIT. Check that and print again.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 6 of 6
pendean

1. you are in the wrong forum for your "proper product" which is more than one software and none of them are LT. Which exact software are you using? Your package is many software.
2. you have the wrong paper size selected: pull up TRUEVIEW and the AutoCAD software side by side, have the same exact file open and ready to plot the same exact thing, stare at both pop-ups and ensure settings in both are identical. Then test. and retest. Then test again until it works.

We can't see your screen, we can't help you without seeing what you see in BOTH program's PLOT function.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost