Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting problems - lines plotted light

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
734 Views, 1 Reply

Plotting problems - lines plotted light

Hello,I have a constant problem with text and lineweights being plotted differently. Some part of text is thinner/lighter than other, also how can I keep my lineweights all the same despite viewer zoom it in/out. VPORTS - set the same lineweight, linescales PLOTTER used - DWG to PDF.pc3 STYLE TABLE USED - none I`m still learning autocad but this particular things affect my drawings and therefore our customers. DWG attached Please advise. link to dwg: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlnyeuax0tawro5/sample_window.dwg pdf attached: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ft2mrpd7gb46vl/sample_window-Layout1.pdf Please advise, Mike
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You are using stick fonts (SHX) except in your table which looks fantastic: these stick fonts are terrible and uneven and shaky looking. Any reason why you can't use professinal grade Windows TTF fonts? They ignore 'colors' and line weight settings and always print the same. It looke like your dimensions are set to a gray output, the others are set to black output.

Also, you are simply describing a PDF viewing problem in Adobe Acrobat with stick fonts: it's a display setting in Acrobat. In Preferences in Acrobat, you have to turn off Smooth Line Art and/or Enhance Thin Lines setting among otghers. Way too complicated to describe to everyone that has to look at your PDFs.

See attached: your gray text is still gray, your black is still black, but using ARIAL font for example this PDF is way more professional in appearance without the stick fonts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost