Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting issues line weight problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
anjaeger
922 Views, 5 Replies

Plotting issues line weight problems

On the enclosed drwg. in the title block I have drawn the 5 logos in the title block. I drew these as wblocks then inserted them into the drwg. The client wants the colors on the logos to show up when printed so I plotted in acadlt.ctb as monochrome.ctb will not show the colours of the logos.  When I plot, the title block comes out dark but everything on the drwg is very light. I can change the line weight and it makes no difference. This only seemed to happen when I inserted the ITC logo because the drwg plotted out fine when there was just the other 4 logo in the far right of the title block.

Prior to putting these hand drawn logos on I used bitmaps that don't show up when plotting a dwg. They are sent as separate files and then the client has to manually put them in which is not acceptable hence finally taking the time to draw each logo. When I plotted the drwg with the bitmaps everything was dark in the drwg and title block as should be. But now as soon as I bring in the new blocks and plot in acadlt.ctb everything changed and not for the better. I am so frustrated as to why this is happening.

I have sent a pdf and dwg file of the same project . Paper size is 11 x 17 when printed. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: anjaeger

You did not include your CTB files.
Message 3 of 6
anjaeger
in reply to: pendean

Expert Elite:

What are CTB files?

AJ
Message 4 of 6
pendean

you mentioned:
"..acadlt.ctb as monochrome.ctb ..."
I'd like to see if you set them up to plot in color or not.

By the way, your DWG is corrupt, I can't open it.

Message 5 of 6
maxim_k

Hi,

I was able to open your drawing and have found, that all objects in Model space (which appears light in PDF output) have color assigned BYLAYER, but the color of Layers is 250, after I changed it to color 7 (white) - output become dark even when using acadlt.ctb.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 6
bob_mpc

If you want to use "monochrome" plot style table, but still have some objects in colour, change their colour to "True Colour" and slightly move the spinner - to make it something else than the standart 255 AutoCad colours.

Boris
AutoCad LT 2021.1.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost