Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting issue on Windows 8

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Tx1339
282 Views, 5 Replies

Plotting issue on Windows 8

I'm running Acad LT 2012 on a Win8 pc, using a DesignJet T520 24" plotter; no matter how i define the paper size, the plotter stops printing about 2" from the end of the extents, like it thinks i'm using a title block on 18x24 cut sheet media, even though the plotter dispenses the correct size sheet from the roll

Can anyone help with this, thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rkmcswain
in reply to: Tx1339

If you print to file (PLT, PDF, DWF), does it look OK?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 6
Tx1339
in reply to: rkmcswain

yes sir, the pdf file looks perfect; when i send that file to the plotter, it cuts off the same 2" or so as if to fit a cut sheet 18x24 with title block, but it still dispenses a 24x24 sheet from the roll

Message 4 of 6
rkmcswain

Then AutoCAD and the PDF print driver are doing their job OK.

The problem seems to be with your T520 driver, assuming you were using that to print the PDF to the T520 also.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 6
Tx1339
in reply to: rkmcswain

i updated the driver, along with some additional tweaks to the driver setup, i can now get one good plot after a restart of the plotter, on the second plot it reports out of memory and suggests sending the printjob as a bitmap; don't really understand the difference, and find it hard to accept that the simple 2D diagram i'm plotting would need more that 4gb of memory, but at least now i can get a successful plot, so thanks for your help

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Your topic is a discussion in the print-plot forum here, explore: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Printing-and-Plotting/HP-Designjet-T520-paper-sizes-not-shown-in-Autoc...
Also there is another similar topic with solutions worth exploring as well:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Printing-and-Plotting/hp-designjet-500-42-and-autocad-2015-does-not-su...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost