Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plotting a 22x34 to an 11x17

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
scottmt7
1375 Views, 3 Replies

plotting a 22x34 to an 11x17

Hello,

I have set up a layout tab to print to 22x34. I would like to be able to print it at half scale on an 11x17. So when I print it I set the scale to 1:2. However, even though it prints fine on a 22x34, two edges of my border are cut off when I print to an 11x17. I'm not sure whats causing it, I have tried printing using layout, window, display, and extents but it hasn't worked.
Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: scottmt7

Are you factoring in the paper margins your 11x17 printer needs? They tend to be larger on smaller devices.
Message 3 of 4
scottmt7
in reply to: pendean

No I haven't. When I print a layout that is set up for 11 x 17 it prints fine. There is a large gap in the scaled down one where the border is being chopped off, so it doesn't even appear centered on the page. Thanks for the resposne

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: scottmt7

From your description, the problem is infact the paper margins on the smaller device (the shift to one side).

If it's critical, I would recommend you take the extra step and create an 11x17 Layout for this DWG file instead of what you are doing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost