AutoCAD LT General Discussion

AutoCAD LT General Discussion

btrydel
Message 1 of 13 (702 Views)
Accepted Solution

Plot to PDF-some letters are faded

702 Views, 12 Replies
10-10-2012 11:49 AM

I receive and update many drawings created by the same organization (using AutoCAD LT 2012).  Often, when I plot to PDF, the lettering in the labels becomes faded (like every-other letter within the same word).  I have tried all available pen assignments, and many different lineweights and fonts.  Please help.  Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 13 (700 Views)

Re: Plot to PDF-some letters are faded

10-10-2012 12:00 PM in reply to: btrydel

Your file is not set to PDF output, and you did not share the CTB it is using: based on that, there appears to be no issues with PDF output here.

Now,. are you describing a problem with these letters as you view the whole sheet in your PDF viewer, but if you actually zoom into one of these words the problem magically disappears? If you answered yes, look at the screenshot attached. The problem is the PDF viewer and not the PDF file. There is nothing to fix in AutoCAD.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
btrydel
Message 3 of 13 (694 Views)

10-10-2012 12:11 PM in reply to: pendean

Thank you for replying.  I have to ask what the first sentence means "Your file is not set to PDF output" and also what is the CTB.  Forgive me, but I am a novice here.

I am wondering why some files plot the text clearly on the PDF and others come out like this.  I understand that zooming in helps it a little, but the quality is still bad.

Thanks Again.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 13 (689 Views)

10-10-2012 12:16 PM in reply to: btrydel

I opened your posted file: it's set to output to DWF.

It's also looking for a plot style table (CTB in this case) that you did not share.

See attachment. Hope that helps explain what I meant.

Did you look at my last screenshot to see what I meant? Your reply seems to indicate you did not. Left side is FOXIT pdf viewer, the right side if Adobe Acrobat viewer. Same PDF, the one on the right shows what you describe. It has a lot to do with how far you are zoomed out on the sheet and text size. There is nothing to fix inside AutoCAD if you are using the core PDF driver.

btrydel
Message 5 of 13 (679 Views)

10-10-2012 12:58 PM in reply to: pendean

I have corrected those 2 items and the PDF comes out the same.  Assuming the file I received from the client was missing the pen style assignment from the begining,  is there any way to correct the problem, perhaps changing the PDF driver?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 6 of 13 (668 Views)

10-10-2012 02:20 PM in reply to: btrydel

It could help, I don't know: worth finding out if you can get it.

Valued Contributor
breierg
Message 7 of 13 (599 Views)

10-17-2012 07:11 AM in reply to: btrydel

Has this issue been solved? I have the exact same problem using publish to PDF and Adobe viewer

btrydel
Message 8 of 13 (595 Views)

10-17-2012 08:14 AM in reply to: btrydel
Not really. I resorted to using a foreign PDF program and it comes out ok, but the driver that comes with AutoCAD should not have this issue when most other drivers don't. Try PDF Complete or some other free program
Valued Contributor
breierg
Message 9 of 13 (592 Views)

10-17-2012 08:18 AM in reply to: btrydel

I agree totally I resorted to using PDF-Xchange and they come out with no problem what so ever

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 10 of 13 (568 Views)

10-17-2012 01:17 PM in reply to: breierg

Is the issue that you cannot create a PDF or that your video driver and viewer are having difficulties resolving the image on the monitor?

And when plotted is the plot quality poor or good?

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.