Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perpetual licence of older AutoCAD version

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2070 Views, 5 Replies

Perpetual licence of older AutoCAD version

I'm familiar with Autodesk's recent policy to abandon perpetual licenses of single products and sell only monthly or annual subscriptions.

I''ve seen though online stores in my country selling perpetual (at least so they say) licenses or older versions of AutoCAD, say AutoCAD 2013 LT.. They even claim they are Autodesk Value Added Reseller.

I'm wondering if this is:
1. Possible
2. Legal

It sure is tempting, but I'm wondering if it's some kind of scum or something...

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

2016 is the last version with perpetual licences. 2017 on are subscription licences

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

So does this mean I CAN buy TODAY a perpetual license of a version earlier than 2016? And it would be completely legal to use it for commercial use?

Message 4 of 6
pendean

In the EU it's possible to purchase a pre-owned AutoCAD lincense: you get to thank Brussels for that treat. Just make sure it's legit and you have an opportunity to get your money back since scammers work in mysterious ways everywhere.

if you live anywhere else it's probably a scam plus you won't be able to authorize it with Autodesk either way.

Good luck.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you, I DO live in the EU (Greece in particular) so I guess it IS possible.

Is there any way to make sure it's a legit copy before buying it?
Message 6 of 6
pendean

That's between you, the reseller, and you method of payment and whether your bank will guarantee a refund.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost