Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perfomance Tuner failed to update

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1200 Views, 12 Replies

Perfomance Tuner failed to update

I have been using AutoCad Electrical, but my company quit using the program, so now I have been using AutoCad LT and so far it really sucks. why use a learning tool for drafting and design, but anyway... My quetion has to do with the Hardware excelleration. Why can't I turn it on? It doesn't give me the option and now I have to deal with my crosshairs flickering. ACE had no problem with with allowing me to use the hardware excelleration. I keep getting a message that says... Performance Tuner failed to update. Please check your network connection and make sure you have write protection. Need assistance please!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Like I said before, I was using a full blown version of ACE, but there were problems, glitches, program issues, so my company bought AutoCad LT. so, yes, it is the LT version.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

2012 LT

Message 5 of 13
Charles_Shade

Down in the Tray on the right there is a button for Hardware Acceleration. I lightbullb with what looks like a caterpillar icon.

Clicking this does not work for you?

New / old problem?

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

It doesn't give me the option to turn the light on. But the program I had before allowed me the option to turn on the hardware excelleration light on, which would fix the flickering problem, but now it won't even give me the option to do so. This started when I installed the program, which was just this past week. it's a brand new program, so I am curious as to why it is ot allowing me to turn the light on.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

Never had this problem before, BTW!

Message 8 of 13
pendean

To be clear, are you still talking about LT2012 and turning on it's hardware acceleration? LT2012's choices for hardware acceleration are limited, and if your video card is not on the supported list at Autodesk that little light-bulb will not come on and do much of anything for you.

In LT2012 you turn on the light-bulb by clicking once on the icon, waiting anything up to 30seconds for a pop-up to appear, then selecting HARDWARE ACCELERATION.

The light-bulb is 3DCONFIG command, start it up by typing it: check the Log button for what your system is doing, and click on the updates button and iss what parts of your system can be updated (if any).

In your original post, the error message has a lot to do with your PC and it's ability to get a network connection, and nothing to do with LT2012. Slve that issue first, try something simple like starting a webbrowser and hitting this site:

http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard

If you are using Windows7, try the simpler fix: turn off it's AERO theme.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you so much for your input. The computer I am using has an onboard graphics card which is attached to the motherboard, so I don't know if I can download an AutoCad listed graphics card or software for this computer, but I will accept this as a solution that can't be remedied at this point in time. Like i said... Thank you for your help.

Michael Goolsby

Electrical Designer

Message 10 of 13
Charles_Shade

LT 2012 and on-board graphics.

What is the OS and RAM on the system?

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Windows 7 and it has 4GB

Message 12 of 13
Charles_Shade

As Dean said  turning off AERO theme is a start.

He likely will post his common low-RAM, LT, and Win 7 fixes soon or you can search for them in this Forum or his blog.

Along with your "downgrade" to LT your employer has provided you a hobbled machine for CAD drafting.

Message 13 of 13
pendean

Turn off Win7's AERO theme: right-click over the bare desktop for Windows 7, select PERSONALIZE, scroll down to the bottom of the screen presented passing by all the pretty icons until you get to the boring looking offerings tagged as BASIC AND HIGH CONTRAST THEMES. Double click and activate either the WINDOWS 7 BASIC or the WINDOWS CLASSIC.

All the pretty stuff in Win7 that is taxing your video card will go away, and your jumpy mouse should stop. If not...

1. Ditch the wireless mouse for a corded one.

2. If it is a wired mouse, uninstall the 3rd party mouse driver and restart your PC and let Windows run your mouse.

4Gig is fine for Win7 for most users, built-in vid card limits your ability to seek help from Autodesk.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost