Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PEDIT won't convert from line to polyline

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
madcowscarnival
4547 Views, 5 Replies

PEDIT won't convert from line to polyline

There is a post very similar to this, though it has something to do with how a drawing was exported from another program.  My problem is: the PEDIT command won't give me the option to convert a line "I" add to a pline.

PEDITACCEPT: 0 or 1, problem remains

It is a drawing from an house designer, I am adding structural members and notes over the drawing.  I could xref, but I need to move/erase some of their notes as well.  It becomes cumbersome to switch to the source dwg, edit & save, move to current dwg and refresh, to have the note where needed.

This is a pretty strange to me drawing file.  It seems that a bunch of system variables are altered and hopefully it doesn't migrate over to files originating from my machine.

Thanks for any ideas in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: madcowscarnival

Does PEDIT give you an error message?

You also want to add the "line" to an existing PLINE? Is there a gap (the ends of the two objects don't meet)?

LIST command and select one of these "lines", see if you can confirm the object is a LINE entity and not something else.

Message 3 of 6
madcowscarnival
in reply to: pendean

Apparently this is something I've just never tried to do before.  Assign a pline->width to a circle.  It was my assumption that as it worked on all other shapes, it would work on a circle, it doesn't.  I guess a closed arc will suffice.

Is this the case?  It just won't convert the circle into a pline.

Message 4 of 6
pendean
in reply to: madcowscarnival

Correct, does not work on Circles: try a DONUT instead (yep, it's a command not a smartass reply LOL).

Message 5 of 6

You could always BREAK the circle, turn it into a polyline with width, then EXTEND the polyline arc
Message 6 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: ScottHodges

You can create a polyline circle yourself, but it can be temperamental at times

Choose you start point. Press A for ARC, choose the direction at type the diameter of the circle, and then close.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost