Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF ISSUE - AutoCAD LT 2015

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1009 Views, 9 Replies

PDF ISSUE - AutoCAD LT 2015

I was trying to plot a drawing from a file that someone else sent me, and plotted it from a dwg to pdf which seems integrated into AutoCAD 2015. It did give me some messages about a device not being found when I was setting up the plotting, but I don't remember what was written. When I sent the PDF to FEDEX they got a message saying
"There is an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired." What could I have missed doing? What would have been the device that was missing?

Many Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
braudpat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello

Q1) Have you opened your DWG in Recover Mode, then Purge, Then ReSave, then ReTest ...

Q2) Have you installed on your ACAD LT 2015 the SP 1 and/or the SP 2 ?

Q3) If SP 2 , have you installed the BigFont Patch Post-SP2 ?

Q4) Have you yet an other ACAD LT on your PC ?

If YES, which one ??

Q5) Which PDF driver exactly ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: braudpat

Thank you so much for your response. I haven't done anything that you've asked about, and don't know how to do any of it. I am a complete novice to understanding the mechanics of AutoCAD LT. Where can I get the information to perform your suggestions?
Message 4 of 10
braudpat

Hello

Q1) From a blank DWG (or NO DWG opened) , Click on the Big Red A (Top left) then Recover / Recover and you open your DWG in RECOVER Mode !

Then always from the Big A , Utility then PURGE everything many times if necessary !? ... ReSave the DWG ...

Q2) On teh text/command ACAD Line : ABOUT <Enter>
On the second line (Top left), do you see "SP1" or "SP2"

If nothing, I would like that you install the SP 1 (NOT the SP 2) for ACAD LT 2015 :
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-autocad-l...

Q3) Not concerned

Q4) How do you produce (or try to) your PDF file ?
EXPORT or using with print/plot a PDF driver: "DWG to PDF.pc3" or "PDFCreator" or "Acrobat Pro" or etc ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
pendean

Did you open the PDF you created to see if it is indeed damaged?
If not, why not? If yes, what happened?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: braudpat

Res-Q1.)   I performed the purging from the recovery bak file, then followed the rest of the instructions. FedEx is getting the same                     message re: damaged file. Although I did try and rename the recovered back up file (after purging, and it didn't accept that                     name. That seemed strange.                            Res-Q2.)   It's SP-2. Why did you hope it wasn't that one? What do drivers do?, I don't understand why AutoCAD LT doesn't seem to                     come  with everything completely installed. I called Autodesk when I had a problem with the initial installation, and the                     technician kindly installed for me,and added the driver's in the plot style table, and maybe another area.                 Res-Q3.)   N/A
Res-Q4.)   No.
Res-Q5.)   DWG to PDF pc3 - according to the info.                   It is a non system driver (does that mean that there is no driver installed ?) - Autodesk ePlot (PDF) DWG to PDF                  c:\program files\autodesk\autocad lt 2015\drv\pdfplot12hdi                  Version: 1.1-120.51.0                   Port: file
Res-Q on addendum e-mail.) There was no problem opening up the pdf on my end, and no notations that I could see regarding any damage.
If you know of any on-line courses or you tube video's that address the basic start up of AutoCAD LT 2015 mechanics such as the driver's, etc. I would love to know about them. The one's I have seen only go into the tools.
Plot Style Table: I selected the monochrome.ctb since this was a file that was sent to me by a friend, and I don't have her driver installed on my computer. I don't know if it comes with the file when it is sent.
Many Thanks

Message 7 of 10
pendean

"..There was no problem opening up the pdf on my end.."
Then your PDF is getting damaged by the delivery method: could be in their end or en-route. Your I.T. And your recipient's I.T. Need to talk.
In the interim, deliver the file using another method like DROPBOX or Google Drive or other file sharing services.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I am going to try that right now. (Unfortunately,I am my I.T. person)
Many Thanks!
Message 9 of 10
pendean

Me too 🙂
Call and talk to someone other than your recipient if you do follow up with them.
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I did send it via Dropbox, and they received it in the late evening. Opening the file actually crashed the system, but then when they opened it this morning it was fine. Very odd.
Thank you for your suggestion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost