Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF file name from PDF creator

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lokimeister
412 Views, 2 Replies

PDF file name from PDF creator

I use CutePDF Writer to generate pdf's. The file name created is REALLY long (for example, S__AutoCAD_Drawings_20104_Interiors_20104-ALT 16 Layout1 (1).pdf). I only want 20104-ALI 16.pdf. The 20104-ALI 16 is the file name. Any way I can get this to only put the file name before the .pdf?

Thanks for any help.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

That is the way that PDFCreator does it as well. However, prior to saving/printing/emailing, in the pop-up dialogue box, I have the option to change the name then, or when asked where to save the file. If CutePDF automatically saves the file without the naming option, you might check out PDFCreator instead. I think that has to do with how the program identifies files (mine does not do that in Word or Excel).
Message 3 of 3
lokimeister
in reply to: lokimeister

No, it isn't just saving the file without an option to change the name. Just was giving me the entire path. I just want the file name. Dean gave me the Fullplotpath varible. When that is set to 0, I get what I want.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost