Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paperspace Viewport Scale

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2444 Views, 3 Replies

Paperspace Viewport Scale

Simple problem just can't the solution. autoCAD 2008 LT

I have a drawing in model space the i drew to scale of 1'=1' and I went to paperscape to put the drawing in my titleblock using Viewports. highlighted the viewprot and went to properties to give the drawing a scale so it would maxize the Viewport area, on my 22"x34" paper.  but under the standard scale 1/64"=1' is too big and 1/128"=1' is too small.  the simple solution is zoom extents but then in my title block i have to put NTS.  I would like to add to the standard scale or be able to set the customer scale to a whole number. EX. 1:1000 or 1:150, etc. etc.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Assuming that Plot Scale is also 1:1

SCALELISTEDIT from the Command line.

Add your 1:150 or whatever scale you want.

Since you are on LT 2008 have you run into Scale List problems over time?

Errant addtional scales that you do not know where they came from?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=11062617&linkID=9240818

This will remove any additional Scales not is use

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Kudos + gladly accepted if you are feeling magnanimous

Message 3 of 4
heinsite
in reply to: Anonymous

You're sort of on the right track.  You've discovered that a couple of your preferred scales won't work.  So you need create a new custom scale.  Here's what to do:

In your viewport go into model space and zoom extents.  Then exit back to paper space, select the viewport and look at the scale.  It'll be something odd, but you want to compute the reciprocal of it... ie, 1 divided by the custom scale to see what's close.  It might come out to be something like 167 or 421... but whatever, it will tell you where to start and what even scale might work... 1:100, 1:200, 1:400, etc. 

With that info in hand create a new custom scale that will work and use it.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: heinsite

You'll find many professions frown on unique custom scales that are not their industry 'standard': ask a peer or two (or superior), everyone might prefer either a larger sheet (if practical) or a split plot to maintain a more standard industry scale.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost