Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open file dialog box view keeps resetting

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1341 Views, 6 Replies

Open file dialog box view keeps resetting

Hi,

I have a small problem that is bothering the hell out of me.

In Autocad 2007 LT, i try changing the default view of files in the File, Open dialog box from large icons to the 'details' view , but every time i change the folder, or go to open another file, the view has reset to large icons, which makes looking through lots of files a pain.

I have tried changing the view at the top of the dialog box, tried right clicking and changing the view and changed the default view for folders in Windows butwith no luck.

Does anyone know how to permanently change this?

Thanks,
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
brainsense
in reply to: Anonymous

have you tried changing the folder view to what you want and then selecting the "apply to all folders" option?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Yep, unfortunatly this doesn't solve it! 😞
Message 4 of 7
dshelley

Did you ever get an answer to this issue? I found the same problem and I am using the following:

AutoCAD 2007 SP1

Windows Vista 64

I can change explorer views in any program and have them "stick" except AutoCAD. Drives me CRAZY! I hate the large icon view which is the default in Vista and 7.I always switch to Details view in every case where I use explorer (including file open dialog boxes, etc).

Drew

Message 5 of 7
pendean
in reply to: dshelley

The view you want in AutoCAD must be the default view set in Windows Explorer (and must display file extensions) for it to have a chance to display: a Windows restart and your Windows login being at local Admin level minimum may be required.

Message 6 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: dshelley

Try a program called TweakUI from Microsoft (admittedly I do not know if there is Vista or Win 7 version or if it is even needed)

Under Explorer; Customizations; set Folders to Remember to something high.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 7 of 7
KathleenM

Did you ever find a solution for this?  It's 6 years since you posted this and I still need a solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost