Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old style 2 point spline curve.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Deano33
703 Views, 4 Replies

Old style 2 point spline curve.

Spline curve command has changed. This is terrible as I used to use simple line types to show different things on my drawings that was rapid fast with custom macros etc. Now the spline curve command does not work in same way costing me hours of time wasted. I have now resorted in saving all incoming drawings to older version and completing my drawings that way. Only problem is the new drawings are growing above the capabilities of my old machine.

How can I initiate the old std 2 point spline curve in the new software so it works the same way as old version?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Deano33

Old version?
Message 3 of 5
Deano33

The way the 2 point spline command works has changed somewhere between LT 2007 & LT 2012. Not sure exactly when. On 2007 you can select 1st point, 2nd point, direction of 1st point then direction of second point. I cannot get it to work the same in LT 2012. I use this to insert a flexible duct line type between 2 points but get strange results in LT 2012. Any advice welcome..
Message 4 of 5
pendean

SPLINE command's METHOD subset, CV option perhaps?
Explianed in HELP along with a couple of other opitons.
Message 5 of 5
maxim_k

Hi,

Try this:

Check method - it should be "Fit", then pick first point, than "start Tangency" option - pick point you need, than pick end point of spline, then "end Tangency" option:

2013-11-25 08_02_29.gif

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost