Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Drafix Cad

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
kevin5
11387 Views, 14 Replies

Old Drafix Cad

I am currently using an old Cad program from SoftDesk called Drafix Cad Professional V 4.1 as well I use AutoCad LT 2004. I have some members of my sales team who use the Drafix Cad and just upgraded to Windows Vista. They are having some problems with Drafix Cad in Vista. One problem is with the file sfx1.dll being corrupted. They installed a second time, and still same error. They are also having trouble with the symbol library not being recognized. Any idea if this should still work in Vista? Thanks for your help.
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: kevin5

No, big mistake to move to Vista with ancient software. Time to
downgrade WIndows, or buy a current CAD program.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 15
rsn
Participant

Good Lord....Drafix CAD v4.11 was an absolute dog when used in Windows 98...10 years ago...!!! It became QuickCAD which is no longer in production, however AutoSketch 9 still exists.

It retails here in Australia for $200.00 which is as cheap as chips. There is of course, no guarantee it works on Vista but I have been told it does.

As Dean suggests, upgrade your ancient software or downgrade your OS.

Ric Norris.
Message 4 of 15
CySilver

1. I'm migrating to a new  desktop, and intend to keep my old Drafix 3.0 (now on flopopies), and use XP at last for Drafix (Vista may not support it).

Can you lend me your Drafix CD, to copy for for my ease in loading on a desktop that doesn't have a 3.5" drive? (or burn a copy and send iit to me - e-mail or pstal

2. How difficult was the transition to Autocad LT? I know the promo price for Drafix users is no longer available, but it still may be a good idea.

Message 5 of 15
Charles_Shade
in reply to: CySilver

Why not yank the floppie out of the 'ol 286 and install it in the new machine if the ribbon tape will support it.

It ought to rest in there haphazardly I should think or fit just fine.

Message 6 of 15
CySilver
in reply to: Charles_Shade

RE install old 3/5" drive into new machine -

Thanks for the idea of reintalling the 3.5"drive from my current PC into a new mahcine. Unfortunately, I"ll likely be getting a dual-boot Mac (andl loading XP), so there's no place to install the drive. If I don't get the CD version of Drafix Professional, I'll buy an external USB 3.5' drive.  (I've tried copying the 3.5s onto separate CDs and installing from them, but somehow it doesn't work.)

Thanks for the good idea.

Message 7 of 15
Charles_Shade

There are programs for moving files as you have tried. May want to Google for that.

The external floppy drive might be the easiest since it is unlikely anyone will be able to provide you with a CD of the program.

Good Luck!

Message 8 of 15
ANWIGGIN

I know   I know it is really old but I am lookimg for help on dfx 4.01h  1090 ish

1   how do I set the f keys?

2    does anyone have the owners manual? That would be really cool.

3    how do I keep a certain file drawing open?

4    And more

Thanks

Andy 

Message 9 of 15
pendean
in reply to: ANWIGGIN

Can you not export those old files to some neutral format like DXF and at least move up to a modern CAD platform? there are many free CAD programs out there plus a handful of cheap ones that run circles around that old clunker.

Message 10 of 15
CySilver
in reply to: ANWIGGIN

Thanks for the suggestion. It may be that I'm migrating to Apple, and there are a couple of free or inexpensive CAD programs for that platform. In any event, I've a little learning curve to look forward to. btw, Drafix may be an old clunker, but I am reasonably fluent in it, and since my use is all plan view 2-D (space planning, garden layout, etc.), it meets all my needs. Cy S. -- Cy H. Silver 1462 Cedar Street Berkeley, CA USA 94702-1221 Phone and fax: 510/525-4726 Cell phone: 510-847-4807 e-mail:
Message 11 of 15
CySilver

Andy - I have the Drafix 3.0 manual (1994), 544 pages. A few pages list. what some of the f keys do. btw - do you have 4.0 on a CD that could be copied? My 3.0 is on 3.5" floppies, and it's hard to load them on any of the newer computers that have only CD/DVD drives.. Cy S. -- Cy H. Silver 1462 Cedar Street Berkeley, CA USA 94702-1221 Phone and fax: 510/525-4726 Cell phone: 510-847-4807 e-mail:
Message 12 of 15
pendean

So is a pencil and paper, and you don't need an expired manual to use them 🙂

Message 13 of 15
ANWIGGIN

Kevin

I do have the 4.01 drafix from around 1993. I have copied it onto a disk but I can probably email it because it is so small.

It is worth a try.  

All I am looking for now is the way to change what the F keys do. For instance right now my F3 key locks the grid  but I want to have it erase item etc.. I know it can be done but I forgot how

Andy

Message 14 of 15
Artieo

For anyone out there.  I've been using DrafixCAD V3.02 for many years. Suits me just fine for personal use.

It has been a squeeze updating hardware & maintaining compatibility with this old stuff!

I have installed in on my Toshiba Satellite L505D and it works like a charm. This laptop FYI is X86-based.

I have not been able to install on my HP desktop, X64-based.

I do have the 3-disk 2.5" floppys & an external USB floppy disk.

I do have the DrafixCAD User's guide & Symbol guide

None of this is for sale though. I mention this only/if I can be of help to someone outthere; someway.

Tags (3)
Message 15 of 15
jacobwilliamscad
in reply to: Artieo

You can get Drafix CAD to install and run on 64bit Windows by using the Longbow Reviver tool - here's the link http://www.longbowsoftware.com/Reviver.php

Happy days!! 🙂

Jake

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost