Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd insertion scale issue

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
1318 Views, 19 Replies

Odd insertion scale issue

I have Acad Lt 2010 and was hit with an odd insertion issue.  I have no viruses or malware and it seems all new files no matter using a template or not, my inserted blocks starting inserting at a scale of 119 and change instead of 1.

Any ideas? and if so, a fix?  Have rebooted etc, but not reinstalled.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
heinsite
in reply to: 10551326

Is the problem block annotative by any chance?  If it is, and you have changed the Scale setting of the view, it will come in at a different size than it would have previously at another scale.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 3 of 20

Thanks for the response.  No, it doesn't seem to matter what block I chose from my library, they all are inserted at 199+ too large.

But I can open the block and cut / paste with no problems.  Frustrating.

Message 4 of 20
heinsite

It sounds as if there is a mismatch between the drawing file UNITS and the block UNITS.

Dave

Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 5 of 20
pendean

Look up INSUNITS and see what yours in that one file is set to: then examine method of the block insertion, if from Toolpalettes, ensure no manual scale was added, if using the INSERT command pop-up, clear the set scale and checked box on the pop-up and complete the Insertion once.

119 is an odd scaling factor: when did you use it last?

Message 6 of 20

INSERT popup was was and is set to 1 uniform scale.  Insunits is set to 1.

I have never used 119+ as a scale factor. As a matter of fact, metric 25.4 has been the only one used (ever). I hate to reinstall as time constraints come into play.

Any other ideas?

Message 7 of 20
pendean

So that's how you bring your blocks into a file, using INSERT command's pop-up only?

Message 8 of 20
in reply to: pendean

yes

Message 9 of 20
pendean

Good, that should minimize trying to find the cause: as noted above by others, did you examine both files UNITS settings?
This happens only in new files (template or no template), of all files?

LIST command shows this scaling error clearly? Or is the error based on another observation?

Are these dynamic blocks? Or Annotative blocks?

Message 10 of 20
in reply to: pendean

Just a wblock from a mfg cad file.  Nothing special.

Message 11 of 20

I find by manually entering 1 for x and y scale factors instead of accepting the default <1> block comes in at correct scale but at 0,0 without any prompting for insertion point.

Why would the default not be at 1 to 1?

Yes, the LIST shows the scale factor show up as depicted below?

X scale factor: -1344.2167
   Y scale factor: 3224.8431
   rotation angle: 0d0'0"
   Z scale factor: 1344.2167
  Scale uniformly: No
  Allow exploding: Yes

Message 12 of 20
pendean

So the problem is now just one single file, instead of "all blocks" as noted in your first post?

Provide a screenshot of your INSERT command pop-up and a copy of this one single problem block.

Message 13 of 20

Nope, its all blocks.  I just picked one for the last post

Message 14 of 20
Charles_Shade

LISTing the entity and what the INSERT Pop-up looks like are not the same thing.

If at some point in time you unchecked Insertion Point from the dialog any subsequent block insertions will default to 0,0.

Also in that dialog there is Block Units which may be relevant to the Block. These you can see from the Properties window in the Block Editor.

Message 15 of 20
in reply to: Charles_Shade

It had to do twith insert dialog checked and unchecked.

Thank you to all. Thought I was going nuts.

Message 16 of 20
m-segovia7
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hello guys

im also having the same issue all my blocks from library are inserting at 12.0000 scale

can you please help me with this

it says in the command line unitless conversion : 12.00000

Message 17 of 20
heinsite
in reply to: m-segovia7

>>... all my blocks from library are inserting at 12.0000 scale ...<<

Yours is an easy one.  Your block units and the drawing units are not the same.  One is architectural (inches) and one is decimal.  Both need to be the same for the block to come in at 1:1.

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 18 of 20
m-segovia7

hi guys

actually it was the options / user preferrences /insertion scale that had to be set as unitless both the source content units

and the target drawing units

Message 19 of 20
heinsite

Glad you found it!

Dave

Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 20 of 20
Dale.Bartlett

I had a very frustring time tracking down a similar problem and did the usual INSUNITS, Options etc stuff. The resolution was provided compliments of murray-clack (http://tinyurl.com/cy3pwnq):

-DWGUNITS is one of those special "undocumented commands".  If a drawing was created with a vertical application like, Civil 3D or Architectural Desktop, etc., then whatever its UNITS was set to when the drawing/blocks were created will override whatever the UNITS is set to in "plain vanilla" AutoCAD.

A good way to check to see what UNITS the block was defined as, and then fix it, is to edit the block in the Block Editor (command: BEDIT)

1. Open the block in the Block Editor (BE)

2. While in the BE, open the Properties Manager

3. Without having anything selected, look at the Properties Manager and expand the "Block" category

4. Click on the pull-down menu option for "Units", and then set the units accordingly that best represents the block

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost