Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not responding after using HATCH.

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
raveruben
11172 Views, 14 Replies

not responding after using HATCH.

when i want to use hatch in autocad 2014 LT, autocad stop working.

wheni chose my settings like pattern and scale everything is just fine.

afteri select a field for hatching autocad stop responding.

thishappend 9 out of 10 times... 

im running service pack 1. i hope someone have a solution for me.

sorry for my bad english

see the attachment for the error code.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
maxim_k
in reply to: raveruben

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Does AutoCAD stop working in such a way even with simple drawings (when you define hatch area inside rectangle which is only one visible in drawing area)?

Finding hatch boundaries is not a trivial task for AutoCAD, especially if you have a lot of objects in current view, and doubly difficult if there are a lot of blocks and/or splines in current view.

It seems that Windows "thinks" that AutoCAD doesn't respond, but in fact it (AutoCAD) looking for hatch boundaries at this time an it takes a lot of time for it.

Have you tried to narrow the task for finding boundaries by turning off unnecessary layers (or hiding unnecessary objects), or by defining new Boundary Set with window (you can access this option from Hatch Settings dialog or from Ribbon:

You can also turn off hatch preview during hatch creation - set variable HPQUICKPREVIEW=0

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 15
raveruben
in reply to: maxim_k

hi maxim_k
tanks for the fast RE.
The PC and the drawing with this problem is not mine. so i looked in the drawing layers etc. and i saw that my colleagues have a lot of unnecessary layers open, like you said. The hatch problem is only in a big and complicated drawing. So I think that’s the problem.
I tried to hatch some fields in a simple drawing, which is not a problem!
Do you have any tips for my colleagues to keep the drawing simple, so they can normal use hatch?
I also put HPQUICKPREVIEW to 0 now.
So I think your right, thank you for your reaction and time to react!
Message 4 of 15
maxim_k

I can not advice anything other than in previous post, about complex drawings.
If your colleagues need complex drawings - they could work with them. They just have to prepare before using hatch (see my tips above).

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 15
Charles_Shade

HPORIGIN to near the area to be Hatched can help.

Add a no-print divider in the area to be Hatched and Hatch both sides separate.

I have Macros for commonly used Hatches that turn off many Layers that are not needed for the Hatch so there is less for CAD to think about.

Message 6 of 15
pendean

Drawing then selecting a boundary, instead of asking AutoCAD to do it for you, remains the fastest way for the HATCH command to work.

Basically, you or AutoCAD is going to have to do the hard work of creating the boundary for the hatch: in my experience it's quicker if the user draws it in a very busy file.
Message 7 of 15
raveruben
in reply to: Charles_Shade

HPORIGIN to near the area to be Hatched can help.

what does this command means? is it a tool for hatching or somthing?
Message 8 of 15
pendean

Look it up in HELP, explained quite well.
Message 9 of 15
Charles_Shade

This moves the Origin Point (Coordinate) of the Hatch to an area near the Hatch.

Message 10 of 15
raveruben

tnks for the time and RE.

Message 11 of 15
amudhaauroform

Thank you, this solves my problem
Message 12 of 15
pamellaarruda

Hi, 

I tried to add hatches to my autocad (2014), but since I add them my hatch command doesnt works. Every time I try to use it, my Autocas stops working. I 've already tried to unstall and install autocad... but it didn't fix the problem

Message 13 of 15
pendean
in reply to: pamellaarruda
Message 14 of 15
mbraun
in reply to: pendean

Hatching is literally the worst command in autocad. It freezes all the time and you have to jump through so many hoops just to get it to kinda work. Would be nice if the newer versions would focus on fixing stuff thats been bad for years instead of added a fancy new gui that no one cares about. 

Message 15 of 15
pendean
in reply to: mbraun

Do you just need to turn off HPDLGMODE variable to ease the pressure on your PC when using it?
In addition to the tips noted in the link I posted above plus the need to freeze (not turn off) layers to lessen the impact of the program on your PC.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost